Thrumbo-why is it here?

Started by kubolek01, August 07, 2017, 08:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kubolek01

Well, we all like our soft and powerful Thrumbos. But who was the creator of these creatures? And why they are outstanding in durability and overall look? In my mind it's something between alpaca, rhinoceros and some glitterworld genetic modifications. What is your opinion? Maybe one of Former Colonists (Devs) would answer?
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Bakar

Thrumbos are just horses on drugs
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

eadras

They look like a cross between a giraffe and a unicorn, except that they are more durable than an elephant.  I take it they are supposed to be rare and near-mythical, but the ingame reality is that they are fairly common and typically slaughtered for their fur and horn.

Canute

Quote from: Bakar on August 08, 2017, 08:13:08 AM
No Thrumbos are degenerate ancient lifeforms. A million years ago, they was a hitech race.

This question is like xmas, it is comming again every year ! :-)

kubolek01

Quote from: Canute on August 08, 2017, 09:55:49 AM
Quote from: Bakar on August 08, 2017, 08:13:08 AM
No Thrumbos are degenerate ancient lifeforms. A million years ago, they was a hitech race.

This question is like xmas, it is comming again every year ! :-)
Really? At all, finally 1% closer to know everything about it. 99% to go!

kubolek01

Well why it became an unformal boss of the game? That durability would match the mechanoid. It's not that hard enemy in late midgame though, 8 average shooters and you can overlead it with low risk.

Bakar

A group of horses digested too much go juice which caused trhem to become superier to their normal counterpart and over thousands of years a new species emerged

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: Bakar on August 08, 2017, 03:53:49 PM
A group of horses digested too much go juice which caused trhem to become superier to their normal counterpart and over thousands of years a new species emerged

This lead to the famous "equi" war that lead to the genocide of all non Thrumbo horses. The Thrumo then went on to expand their civilisation to point where it collapsed in a devastating war. The Thrumbo that are encountered nowadays are the remnants of a once great race.

Also the reason why there are no Horses in Rimworld.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

kubolek01

Nice theory, Vlad. Anyone else has his theory?

skullywag

Thrumbos are giraffe termite hybrids
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

SpaceDorf

Thrumbos are the failed experiment of a Glitterworld Kid that wanted to create tiny, plushy unicorns.

They are also the reason for the global catastrophe on this planet, for nobody knew in the beginning how big
Thrumbos would become and the insane number of cloned animals started to eat all the trees on the planet.

"The little Gene-Experimenter"-Kit became classified on several other worlds after that and outlawed on most others. 
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 09, 2017, 02:36:15 PM
Thrumbos are the failed experiment of a Glitterworld Kid that wanted to create tiny, plushy unicorns.

They are also the reason for the global catastrophe on this planet, for nobody knew in the beginning how big
Thrumbos would become and the insane number of cloned animals started to eat all the trees on the planet.

"The little Gene-Experimenter"-Kit became classified on several other worlds after that and outlawed on most others.

You know that is a conspiracy theory put forward and propagated by "Thruugle INC" to cover-up the atrocities that took place at the end of the war.

It's been documented time and time again that there are no issues with the "Little Gene-Experimenter" when used as directed. 
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Bakar

Thrumbos are the superior species and will destroy mankind,we must stand together and fight till the end, or this could truly be the end of mankind.

kubolek01

Quote from: Bakar on August 10, 2017, 06:51:15 PM
Thrumbos are the superior species and will destroy mankind,we must stand together and fight till the end, or this could truly be the end of mankind.
No problem. Some turrets, snipers and galtings... Last Bastion already exists!

kubolek01

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 09, 2017, 02:36:15 PM

Theory which has sense, comparing to what I said. Glittertech has infinite possibilities at all, hope for nothing worse coming...