SpaceDorfs Archive

Started by SpaceDorf, August 09, 2017, 12:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Aah .. that was in my time off :)

Not quite what I had in mind, but near enough, to bad it got no A17 version.

==== EDIT ====

Karma struck allready today for my bad deeds and made a Charlie Foxtrott out of my longest running Mercenery Colony,
after I toyed with two different installations, trying to run the game locally and my current modlist ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

faltonico

@DoctorVanGogh
Thinking that you own a mod that you made do for a game that is not yours is delusional. Good luck trying to enforce that copyright infringement policy. But oh well ( ̄へ ̄)

SpaceDorf

Quote from: faltonico on August 11, 2017, 08:44:15 AM
@DoctorVanGogh
Thinking that you own a mod that you made do for a game that is not yours is delusional. Good luck trying to enforce that copyright infringement policy. But oh well ( ̄へ ̄)

Considering that the mod he mentioned is a Work in Progress and not "officially" released I think there is more than only
copy rights he had in mind.
And since my good intentions with the archive never meant to anger the modders, who did all the work to fill it, I am more than willing to comply and respect individuals

Sirsim

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 10, 2017, 12:03:00 PM

I was just thinking in a moment of inner peace that I share my collected stuff with everyone else ..

I truly understand you here. When for the first time i managed to play with 115 mods and having no errors for hours, i was so happy that i wanted to share it. For me (and i guess for many people) having this game working flawlessly with as many mods is possible is far more satisfied than to launch the spaceship itself (which i never did and really don't care). So whoever disagrees with this for whatever reasons, at list he must acknowledge the player's side of this.
True self and happiness lies in the space between two thoughts.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Sirsim on August 11, 2017, 03:09:55 PM
When for the first time i managed to play with 115 mods and having no errors for hours,
having this game working flawlessly with as many mods is possible is far more satisfied than to launch the spaceship itself

Thats the game I am playing too .. my current high-score is 235.

So whoever disagrees with this for whatever reasons, at list he must acknowledge the player's side of this.

People, Stop defending me with strange and farfetched arguments.
The issue DBurgdorf and DrVanGogh brought up is about redistribution, not about collecting.
Mod Makers still have rights for their intelectual property. What you are talking about is publishing my Modlist .. which nobody cares about. What I am doing is publishing the Mods themselves .. where I have to follow some rules ( which I didn't ) .. even when .. better yet .. especially when those rules are a curtesy to the creator.

Just imaging the lamenting if I published a download archive with all the DLC's I collected.

Sirsim

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 11, 2017, 04:44:47 PM
When for the first time i managed to play with 115 mods and having no errors for hours,
having this game working flawlessly with as many mods is possible is far more satisfied than to launch the spaceship itself

Thats the game I am playing too .. my current high-score is 235.

So whoever disagrees with this for whatever reasons, at list he must acknowledge the player's side of this.

People, Stop defending me with strange and farfetched arguments.
The issue DBurgdorf and DrVanGogh brought up is about redistribution, not about collecting.
Mod Makers still have rights for their intelectual property. What you are talking about is publishing my Modlist .. which nobody cares about. What I am doing is publishing the Mods themselves .. where I have to follow some rules ( which I didn't ) .. even when .. better yet .. especially when those rules are a curtesy to the creator.

Just imaging the lamenting if I published a download archive with all the DLC's I collected.

Sorry but exactly because i don't know the mod publishing and distribution rules, i  said  'for whatever reasons' that are obvious right i should add. So let me ask you that. If i have a fine-working mod collection and want to share it, is there any way to do it in a forum like this or not? Sorry if i upset you.   
True self and happiness lies in the space between two thoughts.

SpaceDorf

Of course it is possible ..

HardcoreSK is one of the longest living mod-collections I know of :)
Just put together and fine tuned as a single mod.

As long as you play by the rules everything should be fine.

Canute

You just could create a modpacks too.
Most of the modder gave the agreement if you credits them, or if you ask them before they will give it.

Maybe 2 packs.
An all in once, all mods you can collect, together with the modconfig.xml for the proper loadorder to play/start them error free.

And a CE edition.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Canute on August 12, 2017, 03:51:57 AM

And a CE edition.

;D  ... Nope ... not going for your teasing.

kaptain_kavern

In any cases, and for the record: I gave permission to use everything "I've made" :D

and even permission to pester me a bit about making specific patches for making all of this working together well (I miss the old days when we had several mod-packs alive  :'(  )

Chicken Plucker

aww yiss dorfy, I had my fingers crossed you liked muh mods enough to be on the "cool list" I ought to credit you from now on since lots of improvements are from your ideas

dburgdorf

Quote from: ChickenForcer on August 17, 2017, 04:08:54 PMI ought to credit you from now on since lots of improvements are from your ideas

SpaceDorf's been one of the prime motivators behind a lot of my mods' development, too.

Hmm. Maybe it's all part of some super-secret sinister plan to warp RimWorld into his own image? :D
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

I deny ever being involved in such activities.
All accounts of me being involved in any sinister, secret or warped is based on rumors.
I am nothing more than a concerned player with no other agenda as the betterment of this game with all its many modifications.