Minor quality of life improvements during load times

Started by Syrchalis, August 10, 2017, 06:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrchalis

I would really appreciate if loading while the window is not in focus was possible.

Either way, it would be great if there were a few more background images, maybe some tips displayed or even just witty/funny loading text (think the Sims). Just to help keep the mind busy and interested while you have to wait for the game to load, which can take quite a while if you have lots of mods or a long-running colony.

The tips would probably the easiest, least work-required and most impactful change. Especially if you can cycle through them with a button or key during the load time (nothing is worse than starring at the same tip for 1-2 minutes).

I'm pretty sure the community would write up tips in a thread very quickly (plus we already have a thread similar to that), so all you would need to do is pick the best ones, spellcheck and you're good to go.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

SpaceDorf

While I would look forward to having a Rimworld Variant of the Tip-Of The Day and Stupid Sayings on Load Screen like the Elders Scroll Series ( especially with some of Shinzys or AFriends drawings .. *droooool* )

you actually can load or run the game in the background .. you just have to activate the feature.

Options - > Middle Row -> first one under the buttons : Run in Background.
Works for me.
I have set the game to windowed mode ( not fullscreen ) but you can change that back and forth any time you want ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.