[B18] Mechanite Forge - Transcending humanity

Started by ChJees, August 10, 2017, 07:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChJees

About
Exploring mechanites beyond just Luciferum.
Use the Mechanite Forge and start crafting your own! Even let your colonists ascend to greater heights with Seraphium like the angels.

*Bastion is a drug which let your colonists stand their ground better by repelling any incoming damage much like a personal shield. Also the flankers best friend in their arsenal. Be sure to take cover when it breaks!

*Seraphium is a wonder drug that greatly increase the fortitude of your colonists by allowing them to take on disease like a champ, clot their wounds during battle and over a quadrum regrow lost limbs and organs. There is a catch though when regrowing lost bits; It hurts. A LOT!

*Trollbood which let you regenerate wounds on the fly, even old scars! Perfect companion drug to Seraphium.

*Addiction purifier will make even the most immersed junkie drug free at first use. Also helps your colonists stop dealing with the devil.

*Herculium and Peithium are benign mechanites of the fibrous and sensory mechanite diseases. They also act as a cure if they are taken after being infected with fibrous or sensory mechanites.

Secondary usage of the Mechanite Forge let you manufacture neutroamine and plasteel with appropiate research.

FAQ
Q: Do Seraphium play nicely with bionics?
A: Yes, should respect any Hediff of the type AddedPart.

Q: Seraphium do not heal scars, is it intentional?
A: Yes, it is great at regrowing whole limbs and stopping a living being from bleeding out but it is not designed for removing old wounds. Use Luciferium for that.

Q: This mod is overpowered!
A: Do not use it then :P. For late game with a bunch of other mods this seemingly do too little.

Credits:
ChJees – Concept, C# & XML
Xen - Art

Update #3
*Updated for B18.

Content Update #2
*Bastion drug added. By the power of quantum mechanics and mechanites anything which consumes it get a shield! Perfect for flankers and cover based defense!
*Tweaked some resource costs.

Content Update #1
*Art overhaul courtesy of Xen.
*Herculium and Peithium added.
*Rebalanced some resource and research costs.

Update #1
Fixed the case where having bionics installed caused Seraphium to "regrow" missing parts on in bionics like bones. It was a complete oversight and is fixed now :D .

B18 Download
B18 Steam Workshop

A17 Download (Dropbox)
A17 Steam Workshop

A17 Source Code (License allows as usual full reuse and modification of it in your own mods.)

Discord
https://discord.gg/vdb47e9

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Dragoon

This seems cool. I feel like it will add a lot more flavor I can see someone passing out from the pain of regrowing limbs.

Whats a quadrum btw?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Canute

ChJees

Update released, fixed a complete oversight on my part. Derp.

Also a quadrum is 15 days which is a Rimworld season.

Dragoon

I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

NeverEvil

great mod but you should work on the graphics

ChJees

Updated the mod with more content, rebalanced it a bit and overhauled the art thanks to Xen :). Full info in OP.

ChJees

Updated the mod yet again. More content in form of the Bastion drug and tweaked some costs.

dorakath

Durations for Herculium and Peithium seem somewhat short but probably doable, there is also issue with Seraphium: despite description regrowing organs have 100% efficiency. All in all very nice mod, JC Denton would recommend.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

ChJees

Quote from: dorakath on August 14, 2017, 07:58:33 PM
Durations for Herculium and Peithium seem somewhat short but probably doable, there is also issue with Seraphium: despite description regrowing organs have 100% efficiency. All in all very nice mod, JC Denton would recommend.

I fixed the regrowing part oversight in a recent update. Seems like the way part efficency is used is hardcoded to Hediff_AddedPart.

ChJees

Dragoon

Umbreon117

Ooo this seems neat. I'll use it once I get my A17 colony finished.

(AKA in ten years. :/)
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Bo0g1eMaN

so is it a bug that the mechanites go away after awhile i never saw anything saying they went away

Pichu0102