[1.3] Mechanoids Extraordinaire (v1.3.2) - (21.07.2021 - Update #7)

Started by Spino, August 10, 2017, 07:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonesmasha

Are you going to release a CE patch for it ?

Thanks ! Awesome mod, I have Megafauna and the patches for Animal Armor, ADS and CE installed :P

Spino

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on August 11, 2017, 05:14:11 AM
This looks like a pretty nice mod, definitely going to check it out!

One quick suggestion though: Crawlers. Small, agile, quadrupedal mechanoids designed to combat megascarabs. They don't have anything particularly remarkable, and they utilise a fairly weak assault shotgun. On their own, they're not that dangerous, but they typically come in large numbers which makes them much more of a formidable opponent.
I quite like the idea, may add something similar if I do end up making any more mechanoids!

Quote from: Walking Problem on August 11, 2017, 05:16:12 AM
This looks awesome!

Time to give colonies more hell to deal with!
Thank you, glad you think so!

Quote from: tonsrd on August 11, 2017, 06:09:04 AM
is it compatable with

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26276.msg266819#msg266819

it extracts oil from mechs to craft luci ( never got far in enuff in game to use it )

great mod - I hope some streamers will play it
I have no idea, since it seems to be an actual C# mod, but if it is set to give one the ability to extract oil from mechanoids in general, instead of specifically scythers and centipedes, then it should work just fine.

Quote from: Crow_T on August 11, 2017, 05:04:22 PM
Very nice art and weapon variety, thanks for making!
Thanks!

Quote from: Jackaldude2 on August 11, 2017, 06:04:36 PM
safe to use with a saved game?
Should be, you just have to wait for the next incident/raid for the mechanoids to start appearing.

Quote from: KaiserThurston on August 11, 2017, 06:25:52 PM
I'm already a big fan of your Megafauna mod, and as soon as I saw this post, I downloaded the mod.

10/10

The mechanoids fought a fierce battle against a Gallatic Empire raid party and won.
Much appreciated, hope you'll like this one as well, dude :]

Quote from: Bonesmasha on August 12, 2017, 04:33:40 AM

Thanks ! Awesome mod, I have Megafauna and the patches for Animal Armor, ADS and CE installed :P
I may but I'm not gonna guarantee anything :b

bladerunner170

I'm also jumping on the CE patch bandwagon. I can't live without CE, but this mod looks SWEET.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Spino on August 12, 2017, 02:19:21 PM
Quote from: Bonesmasha on August 12, 2017, 04:33:40 AM

I may but I'm not gonna guarantee anything :b

If you do decide to do it, the CE github wiki should have all the info on how to make a patch you can then simply PR into the main mod. That way people won't need to muck around with separate compatibility patches and you won't have to keep it updated with future CE versions as I would handle that (you'd still need to PR changes due to your mods updating).
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

SpaceDorf

it extracts oil from mechs to craft luci ( never got far in enuff in game to use it )

I downed a Vespa and can't extract Oil from it .. so sadly it is specific to Centipedes and Scythers,
I guess so is preparing the corpse, but I am still far away from machining and luci production ...
which is bad since this is my first colony I have someone addicted.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Nameless

Really nice to see more different mechanoids! Please keep up the good work.

Oblitus

Goliath is exploding even if you shut it down. Shouldn't it override self-destruction?

Mecha-tentacles deteriorate when unroofed, unlike other body parts.

Canute

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 12, 2017, 05:46:54 PM

I downed a Vespa and can't extract Oil from it .. so sadly it is specific to Centipedes and Scythers,
I guess so is preparing the corpse, but I am still far away from machining and luci production ...
which is bad since this is my first colony I have someone addicted.
Yes, the are 2 recipes to extract oil, one for scyther one for Centi.
If you got the excat ingame names, i think  Mechanoid_Vespa, you can use a text editor and add these below  <li>Mechanoid_Scyther</li>.
But this can maybe lead to errors. Better way would be if Spino would write a patch to inject these recipes.

Zxypher

This mod looks awesome. How are the point costs balanced against say the Centipede?

Nameless

Really liking the diverse mechanoids spawn. The art style also matches very well with the game. I hope this makes into the core game :)

If you ever consider expanding on this mod, perhaps you can consider having siege-cannon type mechanoids or battering-ram type mechanoids.

Also I find bleeding mechanoids a little odd.

Keep up the good work!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Modo44

I just fought my first psychic ship with this mod. Damn near wiped my base. Good job making mechanoids scary again.

SpaceDorf

I have two Mechanoid Tentacles now, but can't install them.
What are the requirements to do so ?

I have RBSE installed and not yet fully researched it, but can do other operations as well.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Spino

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on August 12, 2017, 03:24:31 PM
If you do decide to do it, the CE github wiki should have all the info on how to make a patch you can then simply PR into the main mod. That way people won't need to muck around with separate compatibility patches and you won't have to keep it updated with future CE versions as I would handle that (you'd still need to PR changes due to your mods updating).
Alrighty, I will keep that in mind!

Quote from: Nameless on August 12, 2017, 09:56:13 PM
Really nice to see more different mechanoids! Please keep up the good work.
Thanks, glad you like the mod!

Quote from: Zxypher on August 13, 2017, 11:52:58 PM
This mod looks awesome. How are the point costs balanced against say the Centipede?
Scythers and Centipedes are actually worth the same amount of points, and I had decided against making Centipedes "cost" more because even though I did buff their HP by a little bit, I've also taken away Inferno Cannons from them. Anyway, here are the costs of all of them at the current moment:
- Scyther: 100
- Centipede: 100
- Vespa: 120
- Goliath: 160
- Chimera: 180
- Hound: 220
- Kraken: 300

Quote from: Nameless on August 16, 2017, 06:51:08 PM
Really liking the diverse mechanoids spawn. The art style also matches very well with the game. I hope this makes into the core game :)

If you ever consider expanding on this mod, perhaps you can consider having siege-cannon type mechanoids or battering-ram type mechanoids.

Also I find bleeding mechanoids a little odd.

Keep up the good work!
Thank you for the suggestions and kind words  ;D
And welp, the bleeding issue has already been taken care of!

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 17, 2017, 05:29:18 AM
I have two Mechanoid Tentacles now, but can't install them.
What are the requirements to do so ?

I have RBSE installed and not yet fully researched it, but can do other operations as well.
That was a bug but it's already fixed!

Spino

Small update time!

Changelog:
   - the grenade launcher now does 2/3 of the damage it used to do,
   - mechanoids no longer bleed from their heads,
   - fixed problems with installing the mecha-tentacles on colonists,
   - added a French translation (courtesy of NorX Aengell!)

Enjoy!

ChJees

A swarm type of mechanoid would be nice. Then the "Light machine gun" of Jotun Interstellar got a nice use from Rimsenal :P. Also lovely mod, make very lategame interesting.