Rimworld Wont Play

Started by JailBaitBetty, May 07, 2014, 10:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JailBaitBetty

After playing for a while the game froze and i had to restart my PC. Now whenever I open Rimworld the game does not load but just sits on a black screen. I go to my task manager and it's "not responding".
I have re-installed the game but the problem persists.

Architect

You may have the long load bug that a lot of people have been getting. It seems to strike randomly as noone has quite figured out what causes it I don't think. Try loading the game up, and just leaving it to do its thing for as long as you can. 15 mins tops. I appreciate if it takes that long its still a pain, but at least the issue will be identified :P
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

zoranjoza

Did they find fix?

Without Hardcore SK mod, just with core folder in mods, game starts ok.
But with this mod and everything installed, game wont start.
I did same on my computer, but on my second pc it wont even start...
Here are pic and output_log

Edit: just to say that i left it in "not responding" phase and somehow after ~20 min it enter into game. then when i went to mods i had to wait ~3min. After adding one mod to list of selected mods, then i went close and then i had to wait more then 5min... After that i created map , but it wont show biomes,temperature etc. After that i exit game, now i cant enter it again... Even if i waited 20min.

[attachment deleted due to age]

TLHeart

The hardcore pack and community core library are not able to resolve a missing argument... and it is looping trying to resolve the missing parameter.

tallywood

Quote from: TLHeart on January 08, 2016, 06:30:51 PM
The hardcore pack and community core library are not able to resolve a missing argument... and it is looping trying to resolve the missing parameter.

how do i fix this? I just have to remove and not use those mods?