[A17]RimBank - The Universal Currency System!

Started by user19990313, August 11, 2017, 10:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

user19990313

RimBank - The Universal Currency System!
For A17b(build 1557)

For B18 release, click Here

This is the core mod of RimBank Series, and must be loaded before any of its sub mods.

Description
It is universally known (at least on this planet), Silver serves as the currency of RimWorld. Well, the white soft metal is heavy, ugly (why -7 Tynan?) and takes up countless storage zones.

That's why RimBank has developed the Banknotes.

Item added : Banknotes
-A denomination of 1,000 Silver, which never changes
-Light and durable, suitable for saving a considerable amount of money
-Accepted by any traders, so just keep some silver for change
-Available in any purchase
-New UI , deciding how much you want to pay by banknotes
-Orbital tradeships and settlements loves banknotes! And they have many as well!
-And yes, traders can give change using Silver, so no value overflows for banknotes!
-Exchange between Silver and Banknotes with any traders! (At least traders should have enough currency for this)

Building Added : RimBank ATM Terminal
-Minifiable and relatively inexpensive
-Exchange between Silver and Banknotes with RimBank at any time! (Extra fees required)
-Various extension softwares (sub mods required)

Extra Features
-Add it to your game at any time! Opening a new save is NOT required.
-Remove it from your game at any time without corrupting your saves! (See below)

HowTo:
1.Load this mod after Core.
2.So that's all :P.
3.When trying to remove this mod,make sure you have an ATM Terminal. Select a colonist, HOLD Shift key and right-click the terminal, then (don't release key) select "Remove all mod contents". If there are any active sub mods, please make sure all the removing commands for those sub mods have been executed.

Enjoy!

PS
PS. The new building is in "Misc" category, and will be unlocked if you've finished the research "Microelectronics Basics".
PS2. If you get stuck while solving a payment, try to stop your mouse over icons or title - A tooltip will emerge and lead the way.
PS3. The coremod of RimBank Series (aka this mod) and all sub mods must have the same MinorVersion number. Well if you cannot figure out what I'm talking about, just ignore it, a built-in ModChecker will take charge of it.
PS4. (That was a joke in RuntimeGC)
PS5. Post any errors or bugs on my forum thread or Steam workshop page.Your effort contributes to a better mod.Thanks!

Other
Compatibility:
No known mod conflict yet.
Installation:
Add this mod any time you like.
Remove this mod any time you like.Please follow the instructions in HowTo Section.
You don't have to create a new game.
License(brief):
-Can modpack makers include your mod in their modpack?
-Whatever,as long as you don't remove <author /> tag.

-Can other modders make derivative mods based on yours?
-Yes.But I don't have time to set up a git repo...I'll give one later,maybe.

Languages
English & Chinese Simplified

Author:
user19990313(ArchAuthor,Dll parts)
duduluu(Textures+Preview.png)
Vaniant(Defs)
WishingLaws(En translation)

Download:
[See the Reply #1 please]

--------------------
Why not pick up some of my mods here?Maybe they could make your gaming experience better!

[A17]RuntimeGC In-Game Cleaner

[A17]AntiAutoUnload-Keeps your inventory!

[A17]MyLostHead - Draw heads for the head-less!

user19990313

Download:
See the attachment
Finally!Dropbox

PS:I will only keep the latest version.

---------------------
Subscribe this mod at Steam Workshop: :P
Click Here

alsoandanswer

"If I quote some smart guy, then therefore I should be smart myself!" -alsoandanswer

user19990313

Quote from: alsoandanswer on August 11, 2017, 11:55:31 AM
screenshots please
My image relay is dead  :'( But you can see the cover image via the steam workshop link.
I'm looking for a new image relay, hopes it won't takes up too much time...

rsdworker

Quote from: user19990313 on August 11, 2017, 12:16:33 PM
Quote from: alsoandanswer on August 11, 2017, 11:55:31 AM
screenshots please
My image relay is dead  :'( But you can see the cover image via the steam workshop link.
I'm looking for a new image relay, hopes it won't takes up too much time...

you can actually use steam link to your images or use imgur - these sites can host the screenshots

faltonico

Really interesting premise, i'll give it a try!

"3.When trying to remove this mod,make sure you have an ATM Terminal. Select a colony, HOLD Shift key and right-click the terminal, then (don't release key) select "Remove all mod contents". If there arenany active sub mods, please make sure all the removing commands for those sub mods have been executed."

OMG That is for all intent and purposes, a mod uninstaller! Maybe you would release the code for that separately?

user19990313

Quote from: faltonico link=topic=35063.msg358799#msg358799OMG That is for all intent and purposes, a mod uninstaller! Maybe you would release the code for that separately?
In fact the installer is not universal for every mods.Generally speaking,the uninstaller will try to remove all items in the nod from maps and settlements.

Canute

Can we have a floor that is made with 1 Banknotes, to show visitors how rich we are ? :-)

user19990313

Quote from: flonz on August 11, 2017, 11:10:33 PM
https://puu.sh/x7X3l/7c05c9591d.jpg

Not sure whats wrong but got a gui error
I guess you're using some texture mods.
The bug came from original codes of the game but not mine, and it was an IndexOutOfRange.So it's most probably a bug or conflict from a texture mod.
I'll inspect it later,I'm not with my laptop this weekend,so I have to do it next Monday.

KondenEinenShizainoLaw

I've worked on Japanese translation.
Please tell me if you need more files or sentences to translate.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

faltonico

I'm guessing it is still not updated here with the communication console bug fix.

user19990313

The update and the translation will be published next Monday,so please wait a moment

faltonico

I was just making sure, i'll download it from steam on the meantime.
Thanks a lot!

Annemarie

Hello how are you the mod is great, I wanted to ask you if there is any other external download, for those people who can not download by steam.

Canute

Look closer at the 2. posting, at the attachment ! :-)

But since thats your 1. posting you maybe didn't saw it before, because you wasn't loged into the forum.