How do you deal with addicts?

Started by BoogieMan, August 12, 2017, 01:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoogieMan

I tried the anesthetize route, but it required constant upkeep and wouldn't work if I reduced the colonist to herbal meds. Seems only actual medicine works, even though you can anesthetize with herbal meds for surgeries..

O Negative

Quote from: Snafu_RW on August 12, 2017, 07:03:33 PM
It's part of a mod, & it won't work in the way you think: coma (like cryptosleep) doesn't affect addiction reduction chances; it simply delays them :( Anaesthetise /may/ work, but a pawn under constant anaesthesia may 'break' to a coma (unknown time)
Oh, no. Anesthetize is definitely a vanilla surgery/recipe that reduces the consciousness of a pawn to almost none.

Quote from: BoogieMan on August 12, 2017, 09:44:16 PM
I tried the anesthetize route, but it required constant upkeep and wouldn't work if I reduced the colonist to herbal meds. Seems only actual medicine works, even though you can anesthetize with herbal meds for surgeries..
Ah, yes, it certainly isn't cheap. But, it is probably the least invasive and most effective way of subduing pawns in withdrawal.
It's certainly less harmful than cutting off their legs lol

asanbr

An alcoholic pawn was at 50% free from addiction and went on a wake up binge

I didn't have any beer and I thought it was cool. But some raider had dropped 5 beer outside the base as a gift and of course my alcoholic found it.

I noticed too late, tried to arrest but she swallowed the beer like 2 seconds before I as able to arrest
I'm going to send her out on her own somewhere to live out her addiction in her own colony , until she is free of it.

Nameless

Whenever i get a pyromaniac or chemical interest/fascination pawns I pretty much immediaetly "let them go".

Seems like keeping them around is a long term headache, no matter how good their skills are.

Pickle

I thought the drugs was meant to be used, not avoided xD

Personally I don't mind having addicts around, in early game, when I can't get their drugs, they can be annoying for a while but it draw off eventually. Later, I just provide them what they need, and replace their organs when they get damaged. I had a yayo addict with bionic legs and spine, and it was fun to watch him flying around among the much slower pawns. Wake-up addics are cool too, go-juice is a bit harder to deal with, I accidentally killed one addict who went berserk because he was almost impossible to stop.

I even had a luciferium addict who arrived as a wanderer in a really young tribal colony, and it was interresting to try and find the pills to keep him alive.

Nontheless I have never forced a pawn to use drugs, I sometime plan to do so, but I sell all the drug I don't need each time a trade ship/caravan appears, I like money better.

Nameless

I thought drugs are meant to be sold to the tribes people and turn all of them into addicts xD

mebe

Stack of pemmican or survival meals in their bedroon, build a wall outside the bedroom door, even when beserk they wont beat on the door. Maybe not so good for the mood though.

Lightzy

Don't admit any addicts. Nor Pyros.

Bozobub

Anything they potentially can live through it, I hold them in captivity until they're completely clean, period.  Sorry, the only "Lucy" I'm particularly fond of had red hair and was a '50-'70s comedienne ;D.

I guess I run a rehab.  That, err, sells joints.  Yeah.
Thanks, belgord!

Oblitus

Luci is okay. It has an upkeep cost, but it only matters in the early game. Other drugs... Nope. No chemical interest/fascination allowed. Wake-up can create an interesting combo with artificial hearts, though.

Vlad0mi3r

My method is to build a bed room with a nutrient paste dispenser in one wall. A good quality or better bed, standing lamp, Chess table and a couch. The better quality the furniture is the better just helps keep them happy

Draft the Addict and march them in the room. Forbid the door and then wall off outside the door.

Have the hopper for the dispenser accessible from outside the room and then for about 215 power (no cooler/heater) and about 15 units of foodstuff a day you have a rehab facility.

If I could workout how to take a screen shot on a MAC I would show you. 
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Jibbles

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on August 17, 2017, 07:19:48 PM
If I could workout how to take a screen shot on a MAC I would show you. 

Shift+command+3 for full screenshot.
Shift+command+4 and drag mouse for selected portion screenshots

Vlad0mi3r

Thankyou Jibbles will take a screen shot tonight  :) :)
Mods I would recommend:

The Mod you must have:

sadpickle

I'm running a large colony with two chemical interest pawns. One of them had a psychite addiction which we treated with vigorous micro. If I saw him pathing to the (forbidden) stockpile of yayo, I'd slap him with an anesthetize bill and let him sleep it off. Breaks were managed with application of kinetic force to encourage compliance with involuntary confinement.

After we had weaned him off the devil's sap, he became a productive member of the colony. I have a large supply of beer, joints, yayo. Everyone's set to no drug use. I keep everyone VERY happy and as a result my chemical interest pawns largely comply with the order. They have no current addictions. On occasion they will sneak some joints, get really stoned and pass out early.

This I tolerate, but it would be really nice if I didn't have to micro the addicts. Worse though is the dogs. Oh, the DOGS. Those guys really can't hold their liquor.

Cool idea: lockable door that only some pawns have the key to. Restricting access to a room by passive means without ridiculous colonist and animal zoning is needed. I always max out my animal zone count.

Quote from: O Negative on August 13, 2017, 02:29:54 AM
Ah, yes, it certainly isn't cheap. But, it is probably the least invasive and most effective way of subduing pawns in withdrawal.
It's certainly less harmful than cutting off their legs lol
Would be nice if we could manually add the "in chains" movement debuff to pawns with a work order. That and a more sophisticated prisoner system ("release after -blank- condition" with one condition being not addicted to drugs.

Vlad0mi3r

So Here is my Rehab centre.

As you can see Kertish has gotten in trouble with the good old flake and is now doing some time in the tank.

Meyers and Kaleun are doing the finishing touches on the wall to keep Kertish in should a Berserk mental break take place.

My next one will have a small outdoor area with garden beds to help with the cabin fever.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Mods I would recommend:

The Mod you must have: