Any big features coming in A18?

Started by sarke, August 12, 2017, 06:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oblitus

Swamp sounds good, but not with current moisture pump.

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: Oblitus on August 21, 2017, 01:17:48 PM
Swamp sounds good, but not with current moisture pump.

Why not? That's what would make such a biome very unique I'd guess. Very restricted space to build upon, creating some interesting hard priorities. Perhaps even having to decide if having the farms close to the base is worth it, or taking up too much space that you need for bedrooms etc. I assume not every single tile of the map will be swamp.

Improving upon it requring a huge project of terraforming.

I can see myself finding such a map very interesting indeed.

sarke

Now that Swamp's are a thing, is there going to be a way to drain them in order to create land we can use to grow crops?

Goldenpotatoes

Yeah, the moisture pumps.

sarke

{insert_name_here}

Quote from: sarke on August 21, 2017, 08:38:13 PM
Now that Swamp's are a thing

Hang on, was a swamp biome announced for A18 or something? If so, then hooray! If not, then what do you mean?

Calahan

Quote from: {insert_name_here} on August 22, 2017, 04:14:13 AMHang on, was a swamp biome announced for A18 or something? If so, then hooray! If not, then what do you mean?
There was a recent post by Tynan on Twitter. https://twitter.com/TynanSylvester/status/899187869280907264

"A18 still developing! Swamp biomes, caves, named world features (oceans, ranges, deserts, etc), new art description tales, new plants, &more"

Edit - I'm going to merge this with the existing GD thread about forthcoming A18 features because this thread is about just such a feature, and if the discussion does stray from swamps then it'll likely stray into discussing other A18 features. And the existing thread is serving that purpose.

Nafensoriel

Rather than draining
Quote from: sarke on August 21, 2017, 08:38:13 PM
Now that Swamp's are a thing, is there going to be a way to drain them in order to create land we can use to grow crops?
Why not new gameplay elements like cranberries instead of the same old boring crops?

Andy_Dandy

You can say alot about Cranberries, but nobody has ever claimed they are boring. That's true.

Bozobub

Cranberries are boring.

There ya go.
Thanks, belgord!

Calahan

@ All - Just a quick recommendation to everyone posting in this thread to please try and keep the discussion towards features that are known to be arriving in A18, such as the new swamp biome. Or discussions that are at least somewhat related to them, such as how or if swamps can be drained.

The suggestion forum is there for a reason, so if you have any suggestion for new features you'd like to see in the game please post them in the suggestion forum where they belong, and not here. The last general discussion thread about A18 was moved to suggestions because it turned into a bucket list of "things I'd like to see in A18", and it would be a shame if this one had to follow it for the same reason (and to that end I'll likely be deleting or moving posts out of this thread if need be. Edit - Moved a couple of posts to the corresponding thread in suggestions).

tl;dr - This is not an all purpose A18 suggestion thread. Please post any general suggestions you have in the suggestions forum.

saulysw

Clearly you just need to name one of your pawns "Trump" and he will drain the swamp.

Might also build a big wall and get another hostile tribe to pay for it!

Ok,... I'll show myself out. If this joke comment is against forum rules I apologise in advance, but I just couldn't let it pass.

Panzer

The new biome and the caves sound exiciting, more biomes are always good. I hope theres a bit more to the caves other than them just being a hole in the wall with overhead mountain above.
The named places feature is gonna be fun as well, love me some random whacky names ;D

Im really looking forward to those additional incidents he mentioned in an older tweet, theres barely enough incidents now to make a playthrough unique. In a long game you can be sure to see every incident at least once and thats kinda boring.

eadras

Cave biome sounds intriguing; swamp biome would not interest me with the current moisture pump - a faster, reinstall-able pump could make it fun to play in, however.  And of course, more critters are always a good thing.