Any big features coming in A18?

Started by sarke, August 12, 2017, 06:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bozobub

"Moral affection"?  Did you mean "amorous affection"..?
Thanks, belgord!

PatrykSzczescie

Mainly moral buff when leader dies and moral debuff when family dies. I'd be grateful to see something else.

CannibarRechter

"Morale affliction" are the droids you are looking for. ;-P
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Anarcraft

Quote from: Spoonbandit on August 12, 2017, 10:13:09 PM
Maybe its just me but I would settle for stable gameplay after about 2 years in game time. It's a great game, I have spent like 250 hours on it, it gets annoying however when your colony effectively becomes unplayable because it will only run smooth on speed one, and even then it's still laggy. Seems to most often be an issue with visiting factions or caravans, or maybe it's my mods. Either way my rig is pretty good, 7700k with 1080ti, and I don't see how it is this CPU intensive, it just doesn't seem optimised after a certain point.

Even that mod that supposedly fixes and frees up resources doesn't work for me, perhaps I am in the minority for this issue, who knows.

I should point out this happens on even the small maps with all three storytellers on difficulties from rough to extreme, but i usually play on the 325x325, and yes the point of the game is to build and ship and get off planet, but I would much rather build a fortress somewhere.

So yeh, if the point of major updates is to add new functionality, why not make it more stable first?
Check out this mod.  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=962732083

elminsterrr

Quote from: bdog on October 02, 2017, 08:00:39 PM
Check out this mod.  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=962732083

Does this mod really help with performance on the late game / very old colony? I build my ship but I don't want to leave my colony because I've invested so much time into it and playing it is still fun for me.  8)

fear-less

I like the activity of the game - with new content. I played almost 800 game hours and I love it to see new stuff in some kind of time...
I mean it might not be necessary, because every new start for a new colony is different to your colony before. But I love that the game is alive - and that's is only because we get new stuff periodically

Daman453

As i'm a tester, i can answer this, [REDACTED]. All jokes aside, i would love a lot more weapons, drugs and more of everything. Rimworld is awesome, game, i don't know of any major features i want.
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

Calahan

I've moved a bunch of posts in relation to multi-threading to a new thread because they have nothing to do with A18 or its forthcoming features. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35941.0 . And while I'm here I'll quote a section of my own post from earlier in this thread as a friendly reminder to everyone to please keep the thread on-topic.

Quote from: Calahan on August 23, 2017, 03:27:16 PM
@ All - Just a quick recommendation to everyone posting in this thread to please try and keep the discussion towards features that are known to be arriving in A18, such as the new swamp biome. Or discussions that are at least somewhat related to them, such as how or if swamps can be drained.

Grishnerf

tynan, thx for making the best Management game ever and still updating it to this date.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist