Previous topic - Next topic

Should or shouldn't Tynan write a book

Should
11 (64.7%)
Shouldn't
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Semmy

After reading the fiction from the last update im impressed.

I am a fanatic reader myself and could see myself enjoying reading a book writen in this style or universe.

I'm not sure he will listen or even appreciate this effort.
But should or shouldn't Tynan write a book

I voted Should
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

thekillergreece

What exactly you mean "done"?

Do you mean, Tynan Should write a book when RimWorld fully done(No bugs, great game perfomance, balance issues fixed, texts errors, etc)?

Or the other side with full bugs, terrible perfomance etc(To be honest, Alpha stage)?If this, then no, if fully finished, then yes ;)

Semmy

Quote from: thekillergreece on October 23, 2013, 01:49:47 PM
What exactly you mean "done"?

Do you mean, Tynan Should write a book when RimWorld fully done(No bugs, great game perfomance, balance issues fixed, texts errors, etc)?

Or the other side with full bugs, terrible perfomance etc(To be honest, Alpha stage)?If this, then no, if fully finished, then yes ;)

Done in the way of playable bugfree and plenty of content.
And when he feels like it offcourse. I'm just wondering how many people enjoyed the fiction he wrote as much as me.
And if those people would read it when he would write more.

I doubt he will do it but he who knows (-:
Edmund Burke

Starkiller

According to me he should; loved the fiction especially the xenohumans (a new and excellent way to introduce "aliens" not "aliens" in the universe) a book in this setting would be really great. Maybe a chronicle written by an Ordo Historium member about the history of humanity with some "interviews" from other characters like World War Z (the book not the film).

Tynan

It's definitely fun to write about. Maybe I ill put something to paper some day. Not while the game is still in such need though :)

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Semmy

Quote from: Tynan on October 23, 2013, 04:51:33 PM
It's definitely fun to write about. Maybe I ill put something to paper some day. Not while the game is still in such need though :)

it was mend as a tiny hint indeed d-;
But after rimworld is done offcourse.
Edmund Burke

Finjinimo

Anything that enriches the experience, expands the universe and gives fans more material to ponder upon gets my vote.

And it wouldn't necessarily have to be a traditional book. You could publish a series of short stories via your website as whimsy and inspiration takes you -- then if there is enough demand seek to publish the anthology as a paperback later. Broaden the fan-base, yes?

You're probably going to generate some decent fan-fiction anyway. If you build it, they will come eh?

But yes, sometime after the rimworld project stabilizes and is in a happy place.

Gazz