Thrumbos stuck and caused massive stutter

Started by Nameless, August 14, 2017, 12:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

I had Thrumbo spawned in an area that is surrounded by mountains except 1 tile of non-mountain square "tunnel" but that tile has a tree grown on it.

The thrumbo got stuck in the area and did not move, simply "Standing" but every 2 seconds the game freezes for 1 second and this freeze won't go away until i went out and attack the thrumbo and pissed them off.

Seems like they got into some bad pathfinding decision that leads to some kind of endless loop and freezing the game.

Calahan

Thanks you for the bug report. Did this occur in a vanilla game? and by any chance do you still have a save file where this is occurring?

No worries if you don't have the save, but without one I'm not sure if there's much the devs can do with this based on the info you've provided. Plus Tynan has already confirmed that the pathfinding in A17b is broken, so if this is a pathfinding issue (which is likely based on your description), then my guess is the devs will just say thanks and close this and "wait to see if it gets reported again in A18 or not".

A save game might change that, but without one it's probably impossible to know if this was caused by the known issues of A17b's pathfinding (and so in theory are already fixed for A18), or by something unrelated to those known issues.

Nameless

I am not positive that I still have the save game since this happened quite some time ago and I was also dealing with quite a few messes so i neglected to report it immediately until later.

I will check my auto save and see if one of them happened during the event.

I have about 10 mods running also but none of which alters path finding or pawns(AI for that matter) behavior.

Nameless

None of the auto saves happened during the event unfortunately. The best I can do is to show you the area that it happened:

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Penfold

Same Issue here (vanilla). 4 thrumbos showed up, all frozen. Attacking one of them got me his attention, the other 3 remained motionless. Waking all of them resolves the stuttering-issue. I had a similar issue with an infestation once.

Savegame attached.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

NeverPire

I have reported something similar some time ago, without any answer. This is the link.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33359.msg340160#msg340160

A thrumbo unable to move, blocked and definitely bugged. It's in a vanilla game and with a save file available

Edit : Now fixed
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

ison

ison