How do I make cats smarter?

Started by Onasaki, August 14, 2017, 11:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onasaki

So, first of all, I'd like to make my cats ingame smarter. For no more reason, then simply to own an entire cat army of cat death, to meowder my enemies with cats.

With that said, how does one adjust the intelligence rolls of animals? I want my kitties to be smarter, faster, and stronger. The world shall know their glory, and all shall bow before the catpocolypse that is mi-owne.

Jokes aside, though, I do wish to make cats smarter so they can learn to pull their weight. I rolled a game with 10 cats just to see if there was any difference in intelligence factor between them. I was sorely disappointed, and did not find any recent mods (that I could tell), that allowed adjustment of animals on that level. And I didn't want to download an overhaul just yet.

I just want cats to be smarter. That is all. XD
I have two forces by my side;
One's the truth and one's a lie;
Which one's which I cannot tell;
This enigma is my hell.

kaptain_kavern

I'm pretty sure other mods does that already but I have one of mine that does that. Raise cats intelligence and bodysize a bit in order for them to been able to haul.

But it does a lot more than that so I'm not sure it'll suits you.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34173.0

There is a link to the github version if you want to see the code, the relevant patch for cats can be found, here

Cryusaki

This probably doesn't fit in the help section since its a mod request.

Regardless I will try and whip up a quick patch within 24 hours if it's as easy as I think it is

Onasaki

Oh, I posted this looking to see how I could do it myself, that's where it qualifies as help. :P

But if you're open to messing with a patch, feel free, thanks!
This enigma is my hell.

kaptain_kavern

Very easy indeed. Just a make a patch with only the first and third patches line in the github page I linked. Will do exactly what OP wants.

Note: animals have to have a bodysize superior or equal to 0.4 to be able to haul. Hence the bodysize patch

Onasaki

Can I just add the cat patch by itself, or does it require the other patches/mod you mentioned?
This enigma is my hell.

kaptain_kavern

I may have not used the right words. I meant "patch line" like one operation, in a "patches' file, that contains several operation. In the case of my mod, yes it is the files that contains much of all modifications from the mod.

Have you looked at my mod I linked? Doesn't that could suits you?

But If my mod is too much I could try to explain how to remove everything except the cat modifications

Onasaki

My only issue is the number of pack animals. Buuut, your mod does do what I want so I guess I'll give it a whirl, and see what happens.

Just a question though: Can i install it during a current save, or do I need to make a new world?

And is it compatible with A Dog Says, and Animal Logic?
This enigma is my hell.

kaptain_kavern

Yes you should be able to add it to an existing game (no one never reported an error regarding that so I guess it's OK.

I'm sure it is compatible with ADS (I'm one of the maintainers). And I'm sure for Animal Logic because Oblitus (the author) himself made some code for my mod, so it was confirmed.