No events happening in game?

Started by DrBryce, August 16, 2016, 05:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrBryce

My current game has had no events going on and I have played for hours.. I'm not too sure why this is happening and I have attempted to change story tellers also with no luck. I'm running a few mods but I couldn't find anything on them being an issue. Could I get some help please?

Mods used: CCL, EDP prepare carefully, Expanded prosthetics and engineering, GlittertechNS, Hospitality, Miniaturisation, Rimensal (Federation,Feral,Hair,Security,Story Teller), Vegatable Garden 4.0

Thanks guys!

toomanynights

Man, I wish there was a single answer on this one. Currently have exactly the same problem!
My mod set is a bit bigger than that, but it includes Prepare Carefully, Ministurisation, Rimsenal Hair, VG. Symptoms are exactly same.
Here is what I get in my log:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.RCellFinder.TryFindTravelDestFrom (IntVec3 root, Verse.Map map, Verse.IntVec3& travelDest) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_TravelerGroup.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.TryFire (RimWorld.FiringIncident fi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.Game:<LoadGame>m__843()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I tried to disable all culprits mentioned, except for VG, and still have the same error in my log. So... is it  VG causing this?.. Man, disabling this would just kill my save.

LiteEmUp

i'm a newbie here, so i don't know how much i can help...

is the colony a new campaign?? if yes, then likely an ancient danger is somewhere on the map.. on my recent campaign a few hours ago of gametime, my colont was still stuck on new arrivals and didn't gave me an option to rename it, get the marriage event procurring, or electing a leader(from leadership mod).. googling around told me to find and defeat that ancient danger.. i did and everything went to normal..

so hopefully that helps...

if your campaign is already been going for quite sometime and no events happened just recently, well i don't know how to help you..

good luck and hopefully your bugs get fixed..

toomanynights

Hi LiteEmUp! Thanks for your reply!
Yes, I actually had the "ancient danger situation". While the colony was waiting for me to defeat mechs, I could not give it a name, marriages were not happening etc - just like you said, but the strange thing is I was still getting raids and other events.
After all I killed 'em, named the colony "Highlanders", a couple of folks got married etc. And in a meanwhile I was still getting raids.
Right until some time. They just stopped. I don't know what event triggered this, but it did. Now it looks like "broken save" case, but I'm still hopeful to fix it.