Colonist in bed cannot self tend

Started by asanbr, August 15, 2017, 07:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asanbr

I have to draft him, move him away from the bed, undraft, then self-tend

Just drafting and undrafting doesn't do it, since in that case he will instantly return to bed.

Trblz42

I guess pawns can't self-tend when they are laying on their back.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature
Don't panic and carry a towel

BlackSmokeDMax

My guess is this is working as intended. If you are looking for a change you'll probably need to make a post in the suggestion forum with an alternative mechanic and reason why.

Oblitus

It is a bug since even if doctoring is set to be a higher priority than resting in bed, they would still rest.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Oblitus on August 16, 2017, 11:18:40 PM
It is a bug since even if doctoring is set to be a higher priority than resting in bed, they would still rest.

You need to worry about their patient setting as well. Bed rest is for non-emergency medical IIRC. Patient is for critical medical. So you'll want to make sure your doctoring is higher than both (Patient and Bed Rest) of those to get doctoring to happen by itself. And even then, if it is their "Sleep" time or their sleep meter is very low, they will definitely prioritize sleep over doctoring.

In most cases it is usually just best to micro the self-tending. If you have them self-tending to me that would mean you have very few pawns, or at the least very few pawns with any medical skill, to want to take the % hit on self-tending in the first place.

Oblitus

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 17, 2017, 01:50:06 AM
Quote from: Oblitus on August 16, 2017, 11:18:40 PM

You need to worry about their patient setting as well. Bed rest is for non-emergency medical IIRC. Patient is for critical medical. So you'll want to make sure your doctoring is higher than both (Patient and Bed Rest) of those to get doctoring to happen by itself. And even then, if it is their "Sleep" time or their sleep meter is very low, they will definitely prioritize sleep over doctoring.

In most cases it is usually just best to micro the self-tending. If you have them self-tending to me that would mean you have very few pawns, or at the least very few pawns with any medical skill, to want to take the % hit on self-tending in the first place.
My doctors are always have doctorings set to 1 and everything else at least 2. And yes, all medical stuff has to be microed a lot.

asanbr

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 16, 2017, 11:16:02 PM
My guess is this is working as intended. If you are looking for a change you'll probably need to make a post in the suggestion forum with an alternative mechanic and reason why.

I think you're right, it is "working as designed" but probably unintended.

It's not a "bug" per se but à conséquence of how various things work.

However, I can select a sleeping pawn and order them to do any other job, and they will rise up and do it. I do t have to draft, move, undraft , then order them to eat or haul or build something. In this sense it is a bug. It is useless micro for something that should be possible to do directly.

ison

ison

The only bug I found was that once a doctor was in bed, then he wouldn't stand up to self tend. Fixed for A18, thanks.