[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Actarion

haem, since your today update i got an error

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.GridsUtility.GetThingList (IntVec3 c, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FilthMaker.MakeFilth (IntVec3 c, Verse.Map map, Verse.ThingDef filthDef, IEnumerable`1 sources, Boolean shouldPropagate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FilthMaker.MakeFilth (IntVec3 c, Verse.Map map, Verse.ThingDef filthDef, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at NewHatcher.CompIncubator.Hatch () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at NewHatcher.CompIncubator.CompTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingOwner.ThingOwnerTick (Boolean removeIfDestroyed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_InventoryTracker.InventoryTrackerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns.WorldPawnsTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.World.WorldTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

repeating error making the game overlagging :s

;D

SargBjornson

Phew, no idea. Didn't change anything that could affect the assemblies. Uhmm, maybe... did you sell any incubators? This looks like an incubator trying to hatch outside the map

Actarion

i didn't even started the mod associated researchs :/

EDIT

I fixed my prob :)

As you sayd, it was, indeed, an incubator in a worldpawn inventory, but, and that's the part who will interest you, it was in a caravan inventory, don't know how and why, but, maybe it can apen to other ppl using your mod  :-X

Actarion

2 hours latter, same error, some visitor show up whit incubator and as soon as they leave the map the game start to bug.

SargBjornson

I just updated the mod with a fix! Incubators will now only hatch in a player owned map :)

SargBjornson

Yeah, but then there would be no possibility of getting rid of incubators ruined by temperature ;)

CrimsonPhalanx

Quote from: SargBjornson on September 02, 2017, 04:52:31 PM
A sneak peek of the next group of planned creatures: armoured hybrids. I'll probably add a new base animal to the game, the Giant Tortoise, to extract "shell DNA" or something like that.

Isn't the Alpha Tortoise perfect for this? After seeing the alpha tortoise this is the first thing that popped into my head. (tho I noticed how some of the art has been used for other animals now)

Then I realized something, alpha hybrids (or at least some sort of thing extracted from alpha animals that serve as an upgraded counterpart to their non alpha predecessors. (You know, like having an "extremely venomous fang" implant). To balance it out, it could need multiple corpses or have a fail chance to extract it, maybe even need a catalyst of plasteel or gold(heck, why not something harvested from another hybrid animal to make it even harder get)

On a side note, I really look forward to where this mod is going! Can't imagine my reaction when I see alpha Thrumbos or genetically engineered animal implants to make the perfect Frankenstein (cause swapping out an alpha tortoise's legs with something fast and giving it venom would be scary ;)).....or even triple gene hybrids.......

DiamondBorne

Does this work with TropCKAPP Rainforest mod? I think it use the same animals set as the ones in Animal Collab Project.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

SpaceDorf

CrimsonPhalanx

Woah human hybrids, time to make use of the huge amount of human genes I have stored. Though would they be animals or will they be usable pawns? Either way I'm hyped when it comes out.

on a side note, is it possible for a pregnancy or egg progress speeding/enhancing drug? It would be quite nice to breed slow things quickly at the expense of resources. Maybe make it go up a stage or two or increase the birth count.

SargBjornson

Added the Gene recombinator. You can now combine 5 vials of genetic material to get new genetic materials, perhaps of species that aren't showing up on your map! This might seem minor, but it is actually a game changer if your map doesn't spawn wolves, for example. Or thrumbos... Now you'll just need to pray to the RNG gods XD

SpaceDorf

Feature Requests :

Igors.
Insance Cackling.
Narrative driven Thunderstorms.

Backstories
Cynic Mathematician.
Mad Scientist.
Evil Overlord.