[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargBjornson

These are the beasts I'm working on next:

And the Thrumbospider, of course! The idea is a new research that allows Insectoid DNA extraction, to be able to breed these new creatures.

The hard part now is making front and back graphics for all of them... That's the worst part.

kaptain_kavern

Another one that makes me wish I knew how to draw!  >:(

Keep up the good job, please :p

On a side note, sadly the ADS AutoPatcher mod is not up to date with the new version of ADS (it doesn't recognize the new "old wounds healing" option). Hopefully, it's easy to make a compatibility mod with XML patching (you can find a template and explanations here - don't hesitate to reach me if needed for that, as well)

Nameless

RetPaladinlol

Are we able to extract DNA from dead raiders/prisoners/colonists and combine it with animal DNA to create some type of abomination? If not, we totally should. Like I would patreon you if we could.

Jibbles

Saebbi

This mod looks really great!
Is it possible that you're going to make a compatiblity patch with Combat Extended?
I'd really love to integrate this into my game.
I'm super duper cereal!

Chicken Plucker

Serpyderpy

That spider chicken is the stuff of nightmares. I love this, though! Definitely going to download it and give it a whirl.

Maybe I'll have to make a patch with my mod so that peeps can make some dino hybrids.

tonsrd

man hunter packs of "Gen-Rim" creature's possible ?

like spider-chicken, mega-chicken, boom-bear ?

SargBjornson

I have updated the mod with the latest version, which includes the Insectoid family! Now there is some reason to wait for those infestations to happen haha

This update includes a quirky addition: a ranged creature, the boombeetle. It is really beta, so expect it to act erratically, or not at all!

I also added skill and electricity requirements (thanks Kartel!)

Also, many of you asked: the mod should work alongside any other animal mods and should be safe to add to any saved games (not removed, as always).

Regarding human genes, it is not so simple. A werethrumbo, for example, would be dumb as a rock. Once animals are given humanlike intelligence, they can't be tamed, and making the a new faction or race to join the colonists is far much more work than I'm willing to do haha

Regarding Combat Extended, I have no idea how it works or what it does, I don0t use it on my games because it seems to need patches for every other mod, so I'm not sure what would need to be changed...

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

jecrell

My Elder Things will be so happy. I can already imagine them making unearthly piping noises in delight!
This is a mod that I wanted to make for them to create genetic hybrids as part of their race, but I never got around to it.

Bless you, sir!
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Esterior

Oh wow, Boombeetle's range attack is working, that's amazing!

Crazyabe

I Can't wait to see how this mod goes, probably download it in the morning.
I'm from the Dwarf fortress forums, "Ethical" is not a part of my Vocabulary.

SargBjornson

I have just updated the mod with Human / Animal experimentation. Instead of going the manbearpig way and creating Manchickens and Bearmen, I decided to go the implant way. You can extract Humanoid DNA and mix it with other DNA and a plasteel implant wire mesh, to create some unusual implants. Some are quite unexciting, such as the Bear Claws, but for example the Boomalope Nodules make your colonists explode when they die, aaaaand... you can make a colonist lay eggs with the chicken Ovipositor...

Yeah, I know, I mentioned it before, but I just find it SO funny. Plus, if he is too hungry he will start eating his own eggs. Today is the day I discovered I will never mature.

Quote from: jecrell on August 20, 2017, 10:46:24 AM
My Elder Things will be so happy...

Apart from the Megafauna creatures, I'm dying to make hybrids with your spiders and the cosmic horrors. Eldritch Bear, yeaaaaah

Quote from: Hydromancerx on August 17, 2017, 01:10:26 PM
Please do add-ons...

Yeah! By the way, your name is familiar to me. You made some Civ mods, didn't you? And I think I also saw you on Spore and Starbound, we must like the same kinds of games haha