[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oh wow, that Bearoflot is probably the most ridiculous Rimworld animal I have ever seen, and I love it! Now I only need to make some space for my new Genelab. I'm guessing this will be a lot easier this time with the new building graphics, and stuff.

SargBjornson

Yeah, it can be built quite compact now! And imho it looks much better.

I'm not sure how to add the Bearoflot, to be honest... It is too silly!

iagofonteles

why cows and bull are out? i wanted the paragon version, cows are the best milk source in vanilla, yielding 0.75 nutrient/day (15 milks per day).
Also, can you tell what muffalo hybrid has the better nutrient/day?
i can see thumfallo milk has .07 nutrient but cant tell time required and milk yield.

SargBjornson

Why are cows out? Cause I'm lazy :)

By the way, I have just released a Genetic Rim - Alpha Animals patch, it is in my github at https://github.com/juanosarg/GeneticRimAlphaAnimalsPatch/releases/tag/v1.0 but not yet at Steam. If any of you can test if adding it to an existing save turns all steel in the map into squirrel meal I'd be super grateful, since I'm not going to be able to test it myself for several hours...

CrimsonPhalanx

Quote from: SargBjornson on February 12, 2019, 01:11:50 PM

I know its kinda late since it's already out,
but I think one of the feasible ways of adding the Bearoflot is to make it a "bear queen" of sorts
Like you have the asexual reproduction of the Aeroflots, but instead of producing more Bearoflots it produces normal bears.

SargBjornson

Quote from: CrimsonPhalanx on February 19, 2019, 02:56:13 AM
Quote from: SargBjornson on February 12, 2019, 01:11:50 PM

I know its kinda late since it's already out,
but I think one of the feasible ways of adding the Bearoflot is to make it a "bear queen" of sorts
Like you have the asexual reproduction of the Aeroflots, but instead of producing more Bearoflots it produces normal bears.

That's so stupid... I love it. You gave me a weird idea: a mad scientist lab machine were weird and unusual projects can be researched

Carrnage

Any chance that once you've done all the crossover patches and advanced hybrid you'll release a final patch with things like eldritch dinosaurs and floating paraceratheriums?

mcduff

Hi, just wondering how the "animal control" section of this works alongside the "Hunt For Me"/"Kill For Me" mods? Anyone tried running them side by side?

whyareuhere

Is there any way to download the patch without Steam? Like Github or something?

Kranon the Relentless

Hi I had the idea in my last playthrough where I have every insektoid from vanilla and alpha animals in my colony. I experienced that the insektoids can't be trained very well even the so called worker caste. so I thaugt about some  human-insektoid implants for your animal trainer so he could be a better trainer for insects and could give them tasks like mining hauling. This would be such a cool thing.

SargBjornson

That's a cool idea, though I'm not sure implants can modify skills in that way! I'll look into it :)

iainmud

Literally just signed up to this forum to support the insectoid animal training implants if possible. Also, why not a rodent/insectoid, one that is fast breeding and virtually useless at everything but it can be fairly easily trained to haul?