[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargBjornson

I have just updated, adding reptile hybrids as well as the venomous fangs humanoid / reptile hybrid implant :)

I think I have also fixed most of the bugs you people told me about!

Except for the ruined incubators... I have no idea what could be done with them except letting them decay outdoors... AFAIK there is no fast and easy way to detect if an incubator (coding-wise, it's an egg) is ruined by temperature to, for example, burn it

FCDetonados

you may want to tweak the thrumbo hybrid's AI, they are WAY to skittish

so far i only tested the thrumbochiken and thrumbowolf but they will absolutely NEVER attack anything agresive AFTER they been tamed.

i've had a thrumbowolf go manhunter after a failed taming attempt and there was another thrumbowolf that was already tamed in the room, manhunter T-Wolf attacks colonist, tamed T-Wolf attacks manhunter T-Wolf, manhunter T-Wolf turns and attacks tamed T-Wolf ONCE and now tamed T-Wolf is "fleeing" with his tail between his legs.

they will also NEVER attack insects.

Oblitus

Quote from: FCDetonados on August 26, 2017, 01:46:34 AM
you may want to tweak the thrumbo hybrid's AI, they are WAY to skittish

so far i only tested the thrumbochiken and thrumbowolf but they will absolutely NEVER attack anything agresive AFTER they been tamed.

i've had a thrumbowolf go manhunter after a failed taming attempt and there was another thrumbowolf that was already tamed in the room, manhunter T-Wolf attacks colonist, tamed T-Wolf attacks manhunter T-Wolf, manhunter T-Wolf turns and attacks tamed T-Wolf ONCE and now tamed T-Wolf is "fleeing" with his tail between his legs.

they will also NEVER attack insects.
That's actually a vanilla issue. Any animals behave like this.

kubolek01

Well this is what gonna Thrumbo's creators do today! Available for common colony now! Just have some big guns with you to be safer...
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

kubolek01

One more thing. Link to ADS patcher leads to (sigh...) Steam Workshop! Would you find and put universal link there, not Steam-only?

ZE

not sure if its intended but a whole bunch of chickenfallo joined me early game (20) and had ravenous appetites.  as they ate their satiety dropped rapidly, im talking every 20 minutes (ingame)

had the kill the lot of them, their egg rate was so slow too, i milked them as often as i could, but they yielded so little, it wasn't worth it

StyxDominion

SargBjornson

Quote from: StyxDominion on August 30, 2017, 03:23:49 AM
Are the aberrant fleshbeast from this mod?

Yeah, they are the result of an experiment going wrong. Not good for much, and they are constantly bleeding a strange mucus XD

Techgenius

Can you create vatgrown humanoids? instead of becoming infants, they're injected with mutagens/growth vaccines to age faster (4 years per 1 year) inside growth pods until they reach 16/18 and are released into the colony with Vatgrown backgrounds and traits, with a chance of failure and becoming mutated hybrid human/humanoids

SargBjornson

A sneak peek of the next group of planned creatures: armoured hybrids. I'll probably add a new base animal to the game, the Giant Tortoise, to extract "shell DNA" or something like that.

Nameless

Bloody awesome. Now if only they come as manhunter pack that will be even more fantastic.

kubolek01

Nothing can stand fire... just burn em and shoot like to a Big Damn Villain!

SargBjornson

I have just updated the mod with a lot of balancing changes: I have modified many of the hybrids to make them useful in one way or another. Many new animal byproducts have been added, ranging from wools to new drugs. Creatures' descriptions now include some pointers as to the new functionality.

I also tried to balance things a bit and fixed a bunch of bugs.

Quote from: kubolek01 on August 26, 2017, 11:10:07 AM
One more thing. Link to ADS patcher leads to (sigh...) Steam Workshop! Would you find and put universal link there, not Steam-only?

No idea where that could be found, sorry!

Quote from: Techgenius on September 02, 2017, 12:45:34 AM
Can you create vatgrown humanoids? instead of becoming infants, they're injected with mutagens/growth vaccines to age faster (4 years per 1 year) inside growth pods until they reach 16/18 and are released into the colony with Vatgrown backgrounds and traits, with a chance of failure and becoming mutated hybrid human/humanoids

I really like this idea, you monster

Quote from: Nameless on September 02, 2017, 09:17:01 PM
Bloody awesome. Now if only they come as manhunter pack that will be even more fantastic.

Problem is, then you can incapacitate and tame them, without doing all the research yourself. WHERE IS THE SCIENCE IN THAT!!!???

TOWC

But why creating a new turtle, if there're already turtles in the game? And they are not even that hard to breed. I mean, what's the point if they are big or small?

Also, it seems, that by installing Thrumbo Horn into a skull makes brain body part disappear entirely, making installation of such implants as Painstopper or Joywire physically impossible. I know it's somehow related to vanilla's way of dealing with implants, but can you look into it?