[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargBjornson

Quote from: Headshotkill on August 17, 2017, 08:35:57 AM
Thrumbo + Megascarab = ...
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!! D:

I prefer Thrumbo + Megaspider :D

I have just uploaded the whole thing to GitHub. I don't quite understand GitHub, so if anyone could tell me if everything is OK I'd be grateful: GitHub link

Lennbolt7

Quote from: SargBjornson on August 17, 2017, 11:50:35 AM
Quote from: Headshotkill on August 17, 2017, 08:35:57 AM
Thrumbo + Megascarab = ...
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!! D:

I prefer Thrumbo + Megaspider :D

I have just uploaded the whole thing to GitHub. I don't quite understand GitHub, so if anyone could tell me if everything is OK I'd be grateful: GitHub link
First of all that is the most terrifyingly beautiful thing I have ever seen.

Anyway the GitHub download looks fine. Everything appears to be in the folder.

pickbullmister

Hydromancerx

Please do add-ons for the Megafauna and Animal Collaboration Project!

Lennbolt7

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: SargBjornson on August 17, 2017, 11:50:35 AM
I have just uploaded the whole thing to GitHub. I don't quite understand GitHub, so if anyone could tell me if everything is OK I'd be grateful
Your GitHub repo is well setup/made to me. Good to go =)

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Chicken Plucker

Great job and effort on this mod, just reading the title made me loudly ask "what have we done?" since for a second I imagined this kind of thing happening in real life. Thankfully, we aren't "there" yet.. right guys? guys?

P.S. I hope there's a megachicken

SargBjornson

I just added compatibility with A Dog Said using the Patcher: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=944381237

The mod should be updated on Steam and Github. Try a bionic Thrumbear. Scary!

firestrock

Seems like a great idea and I will definitely add this to my collection!

If I were to create a Boombear, would... "it" be automatically compatible with the Chemicals extraction & Neutroamine crafting mod and produce chemicals that can be harvested or would this need a compatibility patch?

SargBjornson

Quote from: firestrock on August 18, 2017, 04:58:45 AM
If I were to create a Boombear, would... "it" be automatically compatible with the Chemicals extraction & Neutroamine crafting mod and produce chemicals that can be harvested or would this need a compatibility patch?

Seems like it will need a compatibility patch! The mod itself includes patching to modify the original boomalopes:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Patch>

<Operation Class="PatchOperationInsert">
  <xpath>/Defs/ThingDef[defName = "Boomalope"]/verbs</xpath>
  <value>
<comps>
  <li Class="Chemical_Extraction.CompProperties_Extractable">
<extractDef>Neutroglycerin</extractDef>
<extractIntervalDays>5</extractIntervalDays>
<chemicalAmount>10</chemicalAmount>
  </li>
</comps>
  </value>
</Operation>

</Patch>

Lennbolt7

Is the thrumbo + megaspider going to be in the next version? I feel like that's going to blow the thrumbear out of the water when it comes to turning pirates into kibble.

PrincessOfBankai

Mainly commenting to save this for whenever you release some patches for other mods. But I've already downloaded and played around with it a bit. Loving it tbh. Keep up the good work.

Count Wyu

This has got to be one of the most creative mods ever, there's so much you can do with this idea.  :D Now I can collect animals, mix breeds, and have them fight my enemies?! I love it, gives me a flashback of the days when I played Jade Cocoon for the Ps1.
"Shanking your Muffalos since I was a wee lad."

Check me out on YouTube