[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargBjornson

Yeah, I like that idea, I'm going to try that :)

One problem I found is that age can only be increased 1 year (or multiples). You can't advance age by 3 months, for example, since the only method inside the age controller class that can be externally accessed is the one that the debug menu uses >.<

Or I can rewrite the whole age controller, so... no XD

SargBjornson

Update time! This update adds quite a lot of content and bugfixes:

- Alpha creatures: a new process to modify vanilla creatures to get advanced versions of them. 9 creatures added for now.

- Recycler: a way to get organic pulp from corpses instead of wood.

- Age pills: mature your animals quickly with this medicine.

- Taming is gone! Incubators will just pop colony owned animals now.

Defection

I have a problem with v1.48. It says "not targeted version" and when i try it in game there is no research and Genetics tab for building genetic rim stuff  :-\

SargBjornson

Where does it say that? Are you donwloading through Steam or Github? Bot should have <targetVersion>0.17.0</targetVersion>

Defection

In the Debug Log with red letters it says: "Mod GeneticRim-1.48 has incorrectly formmated target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write:<targetVersion>0.17.1557</targetVersion>" I did that in About xml file (don't know if it means something) and still nothing. I downloaded from GitHub

SargBjornson

I just changed the way I was calling the releases in GitHub, try downloading it now! As always, delete the old version

SpaceDorf

I have to admit I just come here to admire the beauty of your creatures.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Defection

Everything is working great with my saved game! Great mod. Thanks for help. Looking forward for new versions and hybrids :-)

SargBjornson

I just uploaded to Steam and GitHub the first patch to include hybrids from other mods :) In this case, jecrell's Call of Cthulhu - Cosmic Horrors mod! I have updated the OP with the two download links for it.

Also, here are the new creatures, specially for SpaceDorf ;)

SpaceDorf

SargBjornson

Not really! The body shapes are copied from photos, concept art, drawings, etc. All I do is adapt their textures, and give them a style similar to Rimworld. And draw the front and back images, which is just the worst XD

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Canute on September 20, 2017, 03:36:07 AM
I need to say, you are a very talent artist ! :-)

Nope he is right .. I tried to Rim up some Spaceship that I drew and failed spectaculary.
Both on Style and later with the Graphic Tool ...