[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

Quote from: SargBjornson on December 02, 2017, 02:09:46 PM
That's more or less what I'm doing, but I don't want to change it too much to avoid breaking Albion's mod :)

It's okay. I can check out the changes after you released the new version and adapt my patch accordingly. Just post here that you pushed the new version and I will check out the changes and push my adapted version a few hours later.
Most of the code already exists and I only need to replace parts of it. The reason I posted here was to make you aware of the issue and maybe get you to change it.

Quote from: SargBjornson on December 02, 2017, 04:02:45 PM
Hey, I like that idea! Albion, you think you could implement it like that?
Edit: I guess that would be easy enough. I won't be able to provide a translation since I only speak English and German but people who are using my mod have to live with that anyway  ;D

SargBjornson

Hey everyone! I have just released the 2.4 update, and this is HUGE. I dabbled in science that most men's minds can't even begin to grasp (aka, I used Harmony) to bring you...... THE ANIMAL CONTROL RESEARCH!!

With this research, you can build an animal control hub, which gives two things: first, you can draft your animals and move them around. Awesome!

Secondly, it gives special abilities to all Hybrids and Alphas as long as it remains built. Each "family" has a different special ability, so hybrids have two. For example, the Thrumbalope can both "Stampede", which produces clouds of dust that decrease fire weapons accuracy, and can "Detonate", which prematurely kills the animal and produces a huge explosion.

Since every creature has a possible combination of two abilities, this gives a lot of oportunities for tactical encounters. Pfffft, turrets? I have a Thrumborat that can burrow behind the enemy lines and then produce clouds of dust in their midst.

Obviously this will be buggy. I have tried to test it as much as possible, but you know... Please report any bugs!

Oh, I also fixed a couple bugs and added a couple QoL things here and there :)

SargBjornson

@Albion: I changed the way the mod handles chemfuel, and all boomalope hybrids (except boombeetle, which doesn't produce chemfuel) are now doing it like this:

<li Class="NewAnimalSubproducts.CompProperties_AnimalProduct">
<resourceDef>Chemfuel</resourceDef>
<gatheringIntervalDays>3</gatheringIntervalDays>
<resourceAmount>55</resourceAmount>
<customResourceString>ChemfuelProd</customResourceString>

</li>

I also added a customResourceString called:

<NeutroglycerinProd>Neutroglycerin production</NeutroglycerinProd>

Just in case you don't want to add a translateable string in your mod. You can use that, or make your own.

Albion

Perfect. Thank you SargBjornson.
I'll update and publish the new patch as soon as possible. Thanks for the additional resourceString. I'll be using it.

Very interesting update by the way. I guess it required a lot of C# magic.

Canute

SargBjornson

The c# sources are on GitHub, and I tried to comment the code a bit, so if any of you feels like trying to use Harmony, it could help! It really is very powerful

kubolek01

Just let me complete the modlist and here I go version up! No more zoning, unfortunate shots... And more reason to improve the lab :D
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Albion

Quote from: SargBjornson on December 06, 2017, 06:33:14 AM
@Albion: I changed the way the mod handles chemfuel, and all boomalope hybrids (except boombeetle, which doesn't produce chemfuel)

[...]

I also added a customResourceString called:

<NeutroglycerinProd>Neutroglycerin production</NeutroglycerinProd>

Just in case you don't want to add a translateable string in your mod. You can use that, or make your own.

Just for you information: I updated the patch and it works great. Thank you for including the customResourceString.
It's awesome to have this kind of cross-mod cooperation.

Nightinggale

Quote from: Albion on December 06, 2017, 09:33:11 PMThank you for including the customResourceString.
You are welcome. I assume you meant to include a thank for me coming up with the solution as well, but you posted without proofreading or something  :P

Quote from: Albion on December 06, 2017, 09:33:11 PMIt's awesome to have this kind of cross-mod cooperation.
I fully agree. In fact apart from writing the DLL for BoneMod, all I have done has been making tools for mods to interact with each other. Players use multiple mods together, meaning mods should interact to produce the result the players would expect from mixing mods. This can be done by moving as much configuration as possible from DLL to xml. This allows other mods to patch, perhaps conditionally depending on presence of specific mods.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Shauano

Ok,why do i fell that i need to do some sort of mad scientists colony thingy now

kubolek01

Quote from: Shauano on December 07, 2017, 03:07:07 PM
Ok,why do i fell that i need to do some sort of mad scientists colony thingy now
Who built a Psychic Beacon on the Rim? SargBjornson, using robbed Yuri's tech. :|
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.