[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: SargBjornson on December 11, 2017, 04:17:02 PM
Coming next: Dinosauria patch :)

Would be awesome if the creator of that mod updated their post on this forum. Is it wrong to request non Steam uploads of mods if the author isn't posting here, and haven't made any declaration of not wanting it uploaded by anyone?

kubolek01

Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

SargBjornson

Yeah, I'm not sure which patch I should prioritize. Ideally the one that most people are using, but Megafauna hasn't been updated...

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

AllenWL

For some reason, my mind control tech thingy doesn't let me make my animals attack other things, just lets me move them around and do the ability thing.

On a side note, I made a bunch of rodent/wolf hybrids in hopes of getting a wolf-rat or something similar. Instead, I got a whole lot of wolfbeavers. Then about a third of them got eaten by foxes.

SargBjornson

Quote from: AllenWL on December 14, 2017, 04:01:02 AM
For some reason, my mind control tech thingy doesn't let me make my animals attack other things, just lets me move them around and do the ability thing.

On a side note, I made a bunch of rodent/wolf hybrids in hopes of getting a wolf-rat or something similar. Instead, I got a whole lot of wolfbeavers. Then about a third of them got eaten by foxes.

That's because only bear hybrids can attack :) The rest of the hybrids have other special abilities, often much more dangerous. But in any case "Releaseing" the animals should work as always, with the difference that you can move them to attack much faster.

Soooorry, no wolf-rat, yet ;)

AllenWL

GrimTrigger

Isnt there an animal collab (overhaul?) and a dog said patch?  Where can they be found?

DepOpt

Pretty keen for the Dinosauria patch. Also, didn't know that it was only bear-types that could be ordered to attack. I've already got an issue with not enough bear DNA.

Stupid endangered animals not showing up and letting my hunt them to harvest their genetic material and make unnatural abominations deep inside my mountain fortress...
Ignore this notice

SargBjornson

Use the recombinator for a chance to make all those stupid birds that keep appearing on the map into bear DNA ;)

doomtrout

Looking forward to when boars get added in, if only because I wanna see the name combo of a bear/boar hybrid lmao

SpaceDorf

Quote from: DepOpt link=topic=35158.msg385570#msg385570

Stupid endangered animals not showing up and letting my hunt them to harvest their genetic material and make unnatural abominations deep inside my mountain fortress...

That is why you can breed animals. Throw in a few aging pills and a breeding pair of bears should solve your genetic ressource problem
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

kamuii

I am running into an issue where some animals wont eat foods that it says they should. Like boombeetles wont eat grass when it says they can and will starve when surrounded by it.

cotocobr

Nice Mod! Man, i think i found a bug, when i use mindcontrol in a genetic animal i can't order it to atack pawns (wild animals,raiders...) because these pawns aren't members of my colony