[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Just another question to the Animal control.
It is possible to modify these that you could control other animal too, and not only drafted ones ?
When this is possible, i think it would be worth to seperate this into an own mod.

SpaceDorf

I just realized it is the time of the year when we are in dire need of some mutated flying reindeer!
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Devdisigdu

I'm finding myself with a considerable stockpile of Cryofuel from deep drilling but no traders I've seen so far are willing to buy it, despite the item being tagged as sellable.

DepOpt

SargBjornson, have you considered adding feline Alphas/Hybrids by any chance? As for suggestions as to abilities etc, is it possible to give an animal a higher natural dodge chance? Or is the idea of damage vs tank covered by the Bear and Wolf variants.
Ignore this notice

kubolek01

Quote from: DepOpt on December 19, 2017, 11:38:22 PM
SargBjornson, have you considered adding feline Alphas/Hybrids by any chance? As for suggestions as to abilities etc, is it possible to give an animal a higher natural dodge chance? Or is the idea of damage vs tank covered by the Bear and Wolf variants.
I think all nonhuman pawns have a base skills of 0, and it can be increased.  Otherwise bots wouldn't work. So set Melee skill higher and done (?)
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

DepOpt

Also it kind of bugs me that the Genetic Extraction Table and the Alpha Serum Extraction Table rotate in different ways, so flipping them upside down to back them both against a wall looks really bad...

Edit: One last thought: Alpha Elephants...
Ignore this notice

pmoser

Can someone help me with Alpha Pigs? They keep miscarrying due to starvation. I have a huge stockpile of hay (5k+) and it's spread out over multiple tiles so that more than one of them can reach it. It just seems like their food bar goes down so quickly, that while they're sleeping, they miscarry. Anyone know about this?

Canute

I think thats called natural selection.
Some animal races are not able to survive at free nature.
You should amputate her legs so she is allways laying in the bed, and assign a night-doctor too feed her at night.

SergeshD123

kubolek01

Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

CrimsonPhalanx

Waiting for the next update is always such a experience.

I wonder how many more updates before I can see snake rats, elephant hybrids, and maybe new stuff to the eldritch add on (eldritch implant anyone?)

but looking at the WIP list I'm already excited enough and can't wait for them to come out.

Also, does anyone know if the boomalope implant give chemfuel like how the ovipositor gives eggs?

Oh right, is it intentional that the flesh beast gives no meat?

EDIT: My muffallopede just got pregnant when it's written they can't breed by themselves?

crusader2010

Hello. I'm getting an error in the console and I believe I found the bug:

=> The following file:  \Defs\ThingDefs_Items\Items_Resource_Manufactured.xml contains <tradeability>Sellable</tradeability> inside the <graphicData></graphicData> tags. After moving that line outside, the error was gone.

Secondly (a question rather than anything else):
- in \Defs\Drugs\PoisonAmpule.xml is the  following def:  <ThingDef Name="GR_AmpouleBase" Abstract="True">
- That definition contains another line <tradeability>Sellable</tradeability>
=> is it safe to have this "tradeability" attribute attached to an abstract definition (as opposed to having it specified in the "children" of this abstract class)? For example, inside VirulentPoison.xml, the definition that has "GR_AmpouleBase" as a parent also has the "tradeability" property defined.
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Kennedy Garcia

Hello guys ! I made a Thrumbo + Wolf and i'm planning other things too, I have all researches but I really don't know what's the use of a Warg genetic material or with his corpse . I don't have the option to do an alpha Warg or to make a hybrid with him. Can someone help me ?

Kennedy Garcia

Another thing that I could use a help for ; how do I use the machine of "Recombine Genes" ? I have one Bear and one Warg genetic material and I choosed they both but I still can't do anything