[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DepOpt

Quote from: Kennedy Garcia on December 29, 2017, 06:53:54 PM
Hello guys ! I made a Thrumbo + Wolf and i'm planning other things too, I have all researches but I really don't know what's the use of a Warg genetic material or with his corpse . I don't have the option to do an alpha Warg or to make a hybrid with him. Can someone help me ?

There are no Alpha Wargs, though you can make Alpha Wolves with wolf corpses. What you CAN do, I believe, is extract canid DNA from them to make wolf hybrids, same with all the pet dog types.

Quote from: Kennedy Garcia on December 29, 2017, 06:59:00 PM
Another thing that I could use a help for ; how do I use the machine of "Recombine Genes" ? I have one Bear and one Warg genetic material and I choosed they both but I still can't do anything

To recombine genes, you need 5 of any type you've allowed, and they'll make a random gene type. It's a way of getting genes from creatures that are rare in some biomes (like bears or reptiles). Rodents or birds are a good option for combining, as they are easy to breed and tend to be common in most biomes.
Ignore this notice

Kennedy Garcia

Dimbledorf

The chicken-rodent combinations seems to be created only with male gender. So far i had 3 hatch and all of them are male. Is this coincidence or a bug?
When will Tynan add goats, I wonder?

Kennedy Garcia

Hello , it's me again ...
I have another question.
I have a Thrumwolf and a Wolfbear.
And I got the thing that controls hybrids ( That apparently works with and without eletricity LOL, I want to know if its correct for that to work w/ and without eletricity , is this a bug ? ) , but I can only order those two to only do special moves, like Adrenaline Burst and Stampede for Thrumwolf and Rage attack and Adrenaline Burst for the Wolfbear ( When I click on Mind Control ) but when I do Mind Control , I can't simply order them to do a simple melee atack, when I order to, they say "Cannot order Non-Controlled Units".
So basically, I have two questions, why the Animal Control Hub doesn't stops working when I turn him off ?
And why my animals can't simply do melee atacks with the mind control but they can do special moves ?
Please, I need some answers !
Thx for reading

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kennedy Garcia on December 30, 2017, 09:39:30 PM
Hello , it's me again ...
I have another question.
I have a Thrumwolf and a Wolfbear.
And I got the thing that controls hybrids ( That apparently works with and without eletricity LOL, I want to know if its correct for that to work w/ and without eletricity , is this a bug ? ) , but I can only order those two to only do special moves, like Adrenaline Burst and Stampede for Thrumwolf and Rage attack and Adrenaline Burst for the Wolfbear ( When I click on Mind Control ) but when I do Mind Control , I can't simply order them to do a simple melee atack, when I order to, they say "Cannot order Non-Controlled Units".
So basically, I have two questions, why the Animal Control Hub doesn't stops working when I turn him off ?
And why my animals can't simply do melee atacks with the mind control but they can do special moves ?
Please, I need some answers !
Thx for reading

Thought it was only bears (and bear hybrids?) that you can order to attack?

Kennedy Garcia

I don't think that it's only the bears that can attack... it doesn't makes any sense. And basically I have a hybrid of thrumbo who can do adrenaline burst and stampede with the mind control, that are very good but I can't simply order him to attack. ( He can only attack if I release him with his owner // protect him )

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kennedy Garcia on December 31, 2017, 05:29:35 PM
I don't think that it's only the bears that can attack... it doesn't makes any sense. And basically I have a hybrid of thrumbo who can do adrenaline burst and stampede with the mind control, that are very good but I can't simply order him to attack. ( He can only attack if I release him with his owner // protect him )

I'm about 98% sure that you can only order bears to attack with the mind control. I'm just too lazy to read through the previous few pages on this post, but I'm fairly sure you will find the answer there!

Kennedy Garcia

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on December 31, 2017, 07:24:54 PM
I'm about 98% sure that you can only order bears to attack with the mind control. I'm just too lazy to read through the previous few pages on this post, but I'm fairly sure you will find the answer there!

The funny thing is that I can even order alpha pigs to do a bloodthirsty MOVE ( attack move ) but I can't do that with a fucking hybrid of a thrumbo >:(

kubolek01

Quote from: Kennedy Garcia on December 31, 2017, 07:28:29 PM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on December 31, 2017, 07:24:54 PM

The funny thing is that I can even order alpha pigs to do a bloodthirsty MOVE ( attack move ) but I can't do that with a fucking hybrid of a thrumbo >:(
You forgot it only fights in self-defence in the wild?
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Kennedy Garcia

After reading all these pages, I learned that only bears can do an attack ( and some alphas too ) w/ mind control ... thanks guys

Arira

Was using it on A17 and want to use it on B18, but having issue with it.
I guess it conflict with something in my mod pack, game just crashes and error log only saying "KERNELBASE.dll caused an Access Violation"
output log Attempt to access invalid address
I could also provide my ModConfig, but cause i m using steam version of the game it will show
mod ids instead of names.

Also it happens only when Genetic Rim is turned ON. Any other mods of my list not causing crashes.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Arira on January 01, 2018, 07:16:16 PM
I guess it conflict with something in my mod pack, game just crashes and error log only saying "KERNELBASE.dll caused an Access Violation"
output log Attempt to access invalid address
I could also provide my ModConfig, but cause i m using steam version of the game it will show
mod ids instead of names.

Also it happens only when Genetic Rim is turned ON. Any other mods of my list not causing crashes.

Tried changing the load order of Genetic Rim?

SargBjornson

Quote from: Canute on December 17, 2017, 08:18:24 AM
Just another question to the Animal control.
It is possible to modify these that you could control other animal too, and not only drafted ones ?
When this is possible, i think it would be worth to seperate this into an own mod.

Indeed, it is 100% possible! In fact, the code is open and I tried to comment it a bit. Take a look if you want!

Quote from: crusader2010 on December 29, 2017, 12:24:59 PM
Hello. I'm getting an error in the console and I believe I found the bug:

That version is outdated :) You always have the newest version on gitHub or Steam

Quote from: Dimbledorf on December 30, 2017, 01:17:51 PM
The chicken-rodent combinations seems to be created only with male gender. So far i had 3 hatch and all of them are male. Is this coincidence or a bug?

Ahhh, gotta love RNG, huh? You can get 400 males and no females, it's random :)

Quote from: Arira on January 01, 2018, 07:16:16 PM

Indeed, the only thing I can think of is load order. Nothing in the mod should cause such a weird error

@Someone, the forum is somehow not letting me quote...
If your creatures are not eating something, it's because they don't eat that. For example, Boombeetles don't eat grass, but give them some potatoes and they will eat. Alpha Pigs were eating way too fast, though, so I reduced their appetite.

SargBjornson

Also, guys, do you like dinosaurs? Of course, who doesn't.

Because I just released the Dinosauria patch :)

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: SargBjornson on January 04, 2018, 09:27:01 AM
Also, guys, do you like dinosaurs? Of course, who doesn't.

Because I just released the Dinosauria patch :)

Guys, please. Stop... I can only take SO MUCH WINNING! PLEASE, NO MORE!