[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusader2010

@SargBjornson: thanks for also fixing the error I posted earlier on this page :)

Also, I have some errors with the Dinosauria Patch (see attached files). When I remove this patch the errors are gone. I attached a ModsConfig.xml without the patch.

I tried the following mod loading orders:  Dinosauria - GeneticRim - Patch;  GeneticRim - Dinosauria - Patch.
Same errors every time.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

SargBjornson

That doesn't look like its caused by the mod... Must be a third one...

doll32

is a megafauna patch a thing for maybe the future? also, is htere somewhere i can look up what combination results in what?

crusader2010

Quote from: SargBjornson on January 04, 2018, 01:19:07 PM
That doesn't look like its caused by the mod... Must be a third one...

I think it must be something specific to this patch because without it there are no errors and the error "Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.BodyPartGroupDef named LeftLegClawAttackTool found to give to Verse.Tool left claw" makes any sense only in GeneticRimDinosauriaPatch.

Please help me debug this a bit, so I should at least know what to look for.
In \Mods\GeneticRimDinosauriaPatch\Defs\ThingDefs_Races\Races_Animal_Dinohybrids.xml there are 3 lines like this:
<linkedBodyPartsGroup>LeftLegClawAttackTool</linkedBodyPartsGroup>

Shouldn't there be a "parent" group called "LeftLegClawAttackTool" somewhere, to link this to it? I've searched for this in all of my mods and the only references are these 3 lines from this XML.

PS: I'm not playing with A Dog's Said mod. Also, my knowledge of Rimworld modding/structure is very limited.

Thanks  :D

EDIT:
I think I found the reason for the errors:
<BodyPartGroupDef>
    <defName>TailAttackTool</defName>
    <label>tail</label>
  </BodyPartGroupDef>

<BodyPartGroupDef>
    <defName>ArmClawAttackTool</defName>
    <label>claw</label>
  </BodyPartGroupDef>

These are the only BodyPartGroups for the dinosaurs. What version of Dinosauria did you use (and where from)?

Critical_Myuri

Hello, I have a couple of things to say. Firstly fantastic mod, love it.

The second is i've found a bug, glitch, oversight whatever you wanna call it regarding the wolfbear models (by no means game breaking or even all that bothersome just wanted to point it out) https://i.imgur.com/dsZNkbA.png this image shows from right to left; Puppy, Juvenile, Adult. The puppy is the same size as the adult and the juvenile is tiny.

Third I want to inquire about any plans/intent to add feline hybrids to the game, I'd love a chance to make Mougars or something hahaha.

Regardless, thanks so much for this brilliant mod definitely made for some interesting gameplay! <3

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 04, 2018, 09:49:39 AM
Guys, please. Stop... I can only take SO MUCH WINNING! PLEASE, NO MORE!

You have to grow the win for yourself first ..

@Sarge : will there be inter-mod hybrids Like chtulhu-saurus ?
Or more implants ?

==== EDIT ====

Another thing I would like would be Cloning.

I need a huge caravan to transport some few thousand steel from a digsite to my main base but I just don't have enough muffalos and are not far enough in the research tree yet ..
so simple Cloning might be a good Beginners Level of Genetic Engineering, at least for Basic Animals.
Sadly I am not sure, how to make this not OP  :-[
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

DepOpt

Quote from: SargBjornson on January 04, 2018, 09:27:01 AM
Also, guys, do you like dinosaurs? Of course, who doesn't.

Because I just released the Dinosauria patch :)

I don't think you realise just how happy you made me. In my pants.
Ignore this notice

SpaceDorf

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 05, 2018, 03:11:26 AM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 04, 2018, 09:49:39 AM
Guys, please. Stop... I can only take SO MUCH WINNING! PLEASE, NO MORE!

You have to grow the win for yourself first ..

@Sarge : will there be inter-mod hybrids Like chtulhu-saurus ?
Or more implants ?

==== EDIT ====

Another thing I would like would be Cloning.

I need a huge caravan to transport some few thousand steel from a digsite to my main base but I just don't have enough muffalos and are not far enough in the research tree yet ..
so simple Cloning might be a good Beginners Level of Genetic Engineering, at least for Basic Animals.
Sadly I am not sure, how to make this not OP  :-[

Simple cloning in multiple levels maybe? First level you can only clone small animals under size 1, 50% chance of failure or something. Level two maybe size 1.25 animals, 40% chance of failure, or something like that.

AllenWL

So, I thought it'd be hilarious to give my warden some snake fangs to terrify prisoners.
In the most recent prison break, she bit all the prisoners to death.
Those fangs are quite scary.

Canute

Warden with fangs, don't you mean fakevampires ? :-)
Maybe just use real-vampires to drink the prisoner blood.

SpaceDorf

Does anybody has a link to Dinosauria which does not blow up with Genetic Rim or GiddyUp ?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 09, 2018, 05:14:03 AM
Does anybody has a link to Dinosauria which does not blow up with Genetic Rim or GiddyUp ?

Have you tried the one from http://lttlword.ru ? That's the one I have installed with Genetic Rim and Giddy-Up and I haven't had any errors yet, but I haven't gotten around to actually trying out the genetics or riding part.

crusader2010

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 09, 2018, 06:17:03 AM

Have you tried the one from http://lttlword.ru ? That's the one I have installed with Genetic Rim and Giddy-Up and I haven't had any errors yet, but I haven't gotten around to actually trying out the genetics or riding part.

I just compared the version from there with the one I posted on the Dinosauria thread. It will give you some errors because the respective files were not changed. Also, as I said on page 11 of this thread, Dinosauria needs a patch for Genetic Rim because there are some console errors present ("Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.BodyPartGroupDef named LeftLegClawAttackTool found to give to Verse.Tool left claw" - because the Defs from Dinosauria are different). I believe that GiddyUp will not fully work either, without a patch (haven't tested though).

@SargBjornson: can you please tell me what version of Dinosauria you used (and from where) when making the GeneticRim patch? The defs are different.

Thanks

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: crusader2010 on January 09, 2018, 12:01:41 PM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 09, 2018, 06:17:03 AM

I just compared the version from there with the one I posted on the Dinosauria thread. It will give you some errors because the respective files were not changed. Also, as I said on page 11 of this thread, Dinosauria needs a patch for Genetic Rim because there are some console errors present ("Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.BodyPartGroupDef named LeftLegClawAttackTool found to give to Verse.Tool left claw" - because the Defs from Dinosauria are different). I believe that GiddyUp will not fully work either, without a patch (haven't tested though).

@SargBjornson: can you please tell me what version of Dinosauria you used (and from where) when making the GeneticRim patch? The defs are different.

Thanks

I used to have those errors for the left and right claw. I'm not sure what I did, but they are all gone now, really odd.