[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

I ended up having to disable the Genetic Rim Dinosauria patch. I went ahead and disabled Dinosauria too, but I was getting so many errors about that LeftClawAttackTool RightClawAttackTool or whatever the hell it was. Has anyone come up with a fix for it? Do the dinos not have this tool, or whatever "attached" to them in the version of Dinosauria the patch was based off of, maybe? I ask because I was looking at the "tools" that these darkspawn use to attack in the mod Darkest Night (uses Darkest Dungeon graphics for it's preview image) and it looks fucking AWESOME. However it is only for Project HardcoreSK as far as I can tell. If I could find a way to just I guess, put on regular arms onto these darkspawn, and give them a regular claw or scratch attack, I would be happy with that. But they are using some kind of Combat Extended tool for their attack. Oh well, it looks so awesome, that I'm sure I'll come back to it, once I've learned more about this stuff. Anyone interested in it should watch this video of the event, to see what happens to your base at night! https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=83&v=PNpCpANeKrM

crusader2010

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 14, 2018, 11:10:53 AM
I ended up having to disable the Genetic Rim Dinosauria patch. I went ahead and disabled Dinosauria too, but I was getting so many errors about that LeftClawAttackTool RightClawAttackTool or whatever the hell it was. Has anyone come up with a fix for it? Do the dinos not have this tool, or whatever "attached" to them in the version of Dinosauria the patch was based off of, maybe? I ask because I was looking at the "tools" that these darkspawn use to attack in the mod Darkest Night (uses Darkest Dungeon graphics for it's preview image) and it looks fucking AWESOME. However it is only for Project HardcoreSK as far as I can tell. If I could find a way to just I guess, put on regular arms onto these darkspawn, and give them a regular claw or scratch attack, I would be happy with that. But they are using some kind of Combat Extended tool for their attack. Oh well, it looks so awesome, that I'm sure I'll come back to it, once I've learned more about this stuff. Anyone interested in it should watch this video of the event, to see what happens to your base at night! https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=83&v=PNpCpANeKrM

The body parts definitions for dinosaurs are different than the ones from the patch. Apparently there is a Steam version of Dinosauria and a non-steam one (from the forum thread) that are completely different. If someone uploads an archive with the Steam version, I'll compare everything and come up with a patch that works with Genetic Rim (and the patch itself).
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

SpaceDorf

I'll try again later today, if I can find the mods steam supposedly downloaded.

I can't remember the last time I mentioned how much I dislike steam.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 15, 2018, 07:00:20 AM
I can't remember the last time I mentioned how much I dislike steam.

This brave soldier, would he be willing to take one for the team?

SpaceDorf

It would not be the first time I did that  ;D

Like I said, I allready tried last weak, but I was not able to locate the mods steam should have downloaded.

So if anybody has a clue about changes to Steam Workshop I would be glad to know.

Harry_Dicks

Hopefully you won't be downed while behind enemy lines. Don't be afraid to call for help. We leave NO MAN BEHIND! Everybody's going home to their families today!

SpaceDorf

Windows foiled my nefarious plot to infiltrate the world of drm.
More acurate the driver of my graphic card .. so I have failed.

Bruvvy

Quote from: Canute on August 17, 2017, 06:41:44 AM
Interesting idea.
To bad it is currently just limited to vanila animals.
Maybe you will fine a way to create hybrids from other animals without having patches for each animal mod. So we can made Sminion (smurf + minion).
Would love to see some non-vanilla animals from different mods totally!

crusader2010

Hello,

I managed to clear up the errors from the G.R.Dinosauria Patch + Dinosauria.
The attached file should go into ...\[Rimworld B18]\Mods\[GeneticRimDinosauriaPatch]\Defs\ThingDefs_Races\  (replace the bracketed names with the appropriate folders from your installation).

Make a backup of the file first, but don't keep it in the same folder, then copy over the one attached (overwrite it). 

Let me know if there is any odd behavior or such.

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

kubolek01

I found an odd behaviour, not reported on any. It's about the mind controlled hybrids... they can mount (Giddy-up feature) on eachother! Haven't tried it to avoid breaking save, but the option itself exists? Is it possible to limit certain actions for animals? If it's not your side mistake, I'll go on 2nd side.
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: kubolek01 on January 20, 2018, 03:41:46 PM
I found an odd behaviour, not reported on any. It's about the mind controlled hybrids... they can mount (Giddy-up feature) on eachother! Haven't tried it to avoid breaking save, but the option itself exists? Is it possible to limit certain actions for animals? If it's not your side mistake, I'll go on 2nd side.

WOW! I want a tower of attack bears riding into battle. The bottom bear is a "power-bottom." Because he is generating all of the power through his thrusts and speed. I'm on mobile right now, otherwise I would definitely whip up a paint image of this. How many bears high can we make this? ;D

kubolek01

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 21, 2018, 10:48:19 AM
Quote from: kubolek01 on January 20, 2018, 03:41:46 PM

WOW! I want a tower of attack bears riding into battle. The bottom bear is a "power-bottom." Because he is generating all of the power through his thrusts and speed. I'm on mobile right now, otherwise I would definitely whip up a paint image of this. How many bears high can we make this? ;D
Not even try... It will break it. But maybe I'll go stackin' my 3 Thrumbos?
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

polios3

Harry_Dicks

I would like to see compatibility for Biomes! cavern animals, please! All of their textures are great, in my opinion. Mod is already very popular on Steam, over 10K I believe in numbers and it just came out! ;D

Harry_Dicks

So after going back and forth deciding if I still want to use this mod, I know I do, but I was thinking maybe the author could consider some things for the future.

Would you ever consider letting the majority of the genetic mutations use a base leather from one of their parents? Personally I am not fond of the already high number of leathers in the base game, and thinking this could help cut down on some bloat. Recently while working on Elemental Boomalopes I found out about the xml tag <useLeatherFrom> or something similar to that.

Also, are there any plans for anymore future cross mod patches? For example Mega Fauna or the Biomes! Caves mods? Or any crosses between the Rim of Madness animals and Dinosauria animals? I have also updated the TropiCKAPP Rainforest mod to B18 which has some interesting animals in it. And are there any plans to add on more animal controls from the Animal Control Hub? I like how we can control bears, and I am hoping to have control over more animals like this.

I feel like I've gotten to the point where I don't want to add in any animals from mods unless they are supported by Genetic Rim :P

Thanks for the great mod! :)