[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargBjornson

Just updated with a large list of bugfixes:

- Emus now generate more medicines, and they can be sold on the new merchant
- Custom Mad Scientist merchant ship. No conventional caravans, since I don't want to create a new faction. This merchant ship buys all the items in the mod that are marked as sellable
- Many items that weren't sellable should be now, in the custom merchant ship
- Cryofuel can be converted to chemfuel in the refinery
- Removed cryofuel from the underground deposits
- Poison is now stackable
- Balanced thrumbohorn implant damage
- Special milks can be converted to regular milk
- Thrumbochicken eggs are now non-stackable to prevent averaging of hatching times
- Removed spidersnake silk
- Tried to make beartrees (a beta creature) not appear on the map
- Poison cloud attack has a max range now
- Boar tusk statuettes are now created on the sculptor table
- Fossil fuel no lomger appearing in underground deposits (hopefully)
- Fossil fuel can be converted to chemfuel in the refinery
- Spinobear is now slightly less OP
- No more random herds of dinosaur hybrids!

Regarding leather: my hybrids already use that tag :) I hate having too many identical leathers, so they just use leather from one of their parents.

Regarding other mods: sooner or later, but it is a LOT of work

Harry_Dicks

Awesome! Thanks Sarg! I had been watching the GitHub updates and was thinking you might release something soon. All of your hard work is really appreciated, honestly! Your mod is one of the most extensive and exhaustive. You really have built something that's not only unique but also extremely interesting and full of great content.

I am curious, could you possibly leak to us what, if any, new animals you have planned for us next? Or, any new, if any, planned features you hope to implement soon? Thanks! :)

SargBjornson

Actually, I think I'm going to park GeneticRim for a while, at least till next update on the game (release?).

I have a mod in mind that I REALLY want to try to implement. Think Stargate :)

Sludgehammer

I've noticed a small but annoying bug(?) with Genetic Rim.  If a part is already missing the option to install a Genetic Rim implant doesn't appear.  For example, I have a pawn who had his left ear ripped off, however I can't install a bunny ear to replace it.  The same seems to be true with bear claws for hand replacement and venomous fangs for jaw replacement.

Soggy Noodle

me heathen

Sandy

Quote from: SargBjornson on April 03, 2018, 05:55:40 AM
Just added a Combat Extended patch created by Saebbi :)

https://github.com/Saebbi/Genetic-Rim-CE-Patch
Hi. i really like ur mod and wanted to play with it. but when i activate ur mod and start a new game, i couldnt generate the world. i click on "Generate" button and the screen says "Generating world...", but goes back to the "Generate" screen.
i removed all my mods and added them 5 at a time. since genetic rim was in the last 5, i was able to generate the world until then. after i added genetic rim, i couldnt generate the world.
i attached my load order. when activated, i placed the genetic rim and dino patch above the Biomatter mod. i'm sure its some mods conflicting, but i dont know which ones.

i dont know if it will work if i start a colony and then add the mod. i'll try that.

[attachment deleted due to age]

SargBjornson

As far as I know, Genetic Rim doesn't touch world generation AT ALL, so it shouldn't be the one causing errors. Have you checked the error logs?

Sandy

Quote from: SargBjornson on April 04, 2018, 03:47:00 AM
As far as I know, Genetic Rim doesn't touch world generation AT ALL, so it shouldn't be the one causing errors. Have you checked the error logs?
is this one?

(strange, i added an image here, but its not showing.. i'll attach the image now.)

deactivating genetic rim mod seemed to solve the problem with world generation. thats why i thought genetic rim mod is the reason.

[attachment deleted due to age]

SargBjornson

Wish it were that simple... It is probably interferring with another mod. Try to load Genetic Rim alone, since if it gives you problems your base game might have some weird bug instead. No clue what else it could be, sorry

Canute

Sandy,
did you ever saw these green button "share logs" ? What could that be ? :-))

But try at first to move the 2 Generic Rim mod near the top, maybe this allready helps.
Since the error is related to appareal, maybe try to disable FashionRimsta.

Sandy

Quote from: SargBjornson on April 04, 2018, 04:32:43 AM
Wish it were that simple... It is probably interferring with another mod. Try to load Genetic Rim alone, since if it gives you problems your base game might have some weird bug instead. No clue what else it could be, sorry
i tried adding the mod to an already started game. i used dev mode to complete all research and then built a pulper. no error was thrown, but i havent checked further. if its not solvable, then i'll just add the mod after starting a game from now.

Quote from: Canute on April 04, 2018, 04:45:30 AM
Sandy,
did you ever saw these green button "share logs" ? What could that be ? :-))

But try at first to move the 2 Generic Rim mod near the top, maybe this allready helps.
Since the error is related to appareal, maybe try to disable FashionRimsta.
funny, here's the log
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/29176b6b5b4d410ee90cb26929c79a63#file-output_log-txt
i tried removing fashionRIMsta and it didnt solve it.
i was trying to keep all the animal and medical related mods to the last.
i'll try and move the animal mods near the top. brb

SargBjornson

Mmmm, I must say I always keep the mod at the top, because, well, it's mine haha. Never tried to load with it at the bottom