[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kubolek01

Quote from: SargBjornson on April 04, 2018, 05:59:10 AM
Mmmm, I must say I always keep the mod at the top, because, well, it's mine haha. Never tried to load with it at the bottom
I only followed load order if it's meant by creator. Otherwise the order is random, but it's working only with 30 or so mods. (I hate DRMfree for harder autoupdate)
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Sandy

Quote from: SargBjornson on April 04, 2018, 05:59:10 AM
Mmmm, I must say I always keep the mod at the top, because, well, it's mine haha. Never tried to load with it at the bottom
moving it near the top didnt work for me.
anyway, the mod doesnt touch world gen, but gives me error during world gen. so, i'm just gonna add the mod after the world gen, after starting a game and see what happens.
Thanks guys..

Mitz

Giddy-up doesn't like animal mods below.
*mic drop*

expanding on my simple comment, giddy up has to go through a lot of pain loading everything they do first, then loading the animal mods, THEN loading itself again making sure everything is caught.
TL:DR put giddy-up at the bottom and give it a go
It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

titanjones

A dog said isnt really compatible, because I cant install powerclaws onto my geneticrim animals! WHy can i not install mecha tentacles and power claws to my alpha boars or thrumfallo?

Beyondfubar

Just registered to say I love this mod so much!  I did have a question though, what is virulent poison for? It seems to be worth something, and annoyingly when I didn't understand the game well, was the source of many "magic" deaths of prized creatures! Is it just a way to get rid of annoying pawns? Seems like it'd be pretty neat to add to weapons.. although I guess if you can build a thrumbolizard you probably aren't into bows/spears...

SargBjornson

Quote from: titanjones on April 15, 2018, 12:23:35 PM
A dog said isnt really compatible, because I cant install powerclaws onto my geneticrim animals! WHy can i not install mecha tentacles and power claws to my alpha boars or thrumfallo?

Ok, ok, there you go, updated... Happy now? :P

Quote from: Beyondfubar on April 30, 2018, 01:49:11 PM
I did have a question though, what is virulent poison for?

Yeah, it's just a way to kill unwanted pawns and animals.

matheryn

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 20, 2017, 09:40:21 AM
Pretty please :

OMG OMG OMG please put this in Day Of The Tenticle was one of the first real PC games I ever played and I loved it so much that I think I played it more than most RPG games ever made other than rimworld ofcourse and if you arnt sure how you could implement this as a creature you could use it as a tentacle hybrid from the cult of chuthu cosmic horrors mod where the tentacle of the star vampire takes on its own sentient life through the genetic rim machines. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. Oh I can see it now with adding the voice over from the Day Of The Tentacle game "now its time to TAKE OVER THE WORLD" and you could have two varients like minions does with the normal and evil minions where with the tenticles you could have the purple one with arms and a green one without arms like the game. OH the nostalgia.

BTW why cant my genetic rim animals attack when I mind control them???............Ha ha ha only kidding I read through all 23 pages so I know the answer

P.S. P L E A S E  do not cross breed minions with smurfs omg as it is I'm thinking of taking the smurfs out of my list as hearing multiple "la la laa laa la laaa" every 2 seconds is driving me nuts, I can handle the minions saying hello caus that is amusing although I think they should say bello but anyways that's besides the point.

Also this mod does not caus the game planet to not generate as I have it in my pack and have created several thousand packs for different game styles and I also play with 300+ mod packs, I do have a book here somewhere that I write all my notes down in but my sciatic nerve is being crushed by one of my slipped discs atm so my back and right leg feel like I'm giving birth to a chainsaw atm so when I get over that ill post a list of mods that do cause said planet not generating problem for you, and yes as stated previously giddy-up does prefer all animal mods to be posted before it.

Being on disability pension gives me ALOT of time to play rimworld and experiment with mods now if only I could learn how to code and I could help fix errors and even create mods of my own oh the possibilities.

zizard

Fun mod that makes yorkies, hares, and chickens, some of the most useful animals for their genes. Perhaps the amount of genetic and pulp products should be scaled to body size. Also bears seem to have a monopoly on drugs!!!

cm97878

Out of curiosity, how safe is this to add mid-playthrough? Unfortunately I yet again loaded a game, spent a good few hours carefully planning out every bit of my base... and then found a few more mods I want to add.

Saebbi

Quote from: cm97878 on June 14, 2018, 09:00:08 AM
Out of curiosity, how safe is this to add mid-playthrough? Unfortunately I yet again loaded a game, spent a good few hours carefully planning out every bit of my base... and then found a few more mods I want to add.

Should work without problems.
I'm super duper cereal!

SargBjornson

I have created a version of the GeneticRim mod updated for Rimworld's release version, still in development state as of 18/6/18. You can activate this development (unstable) version of the game through Steam, for testing purposes.

Download this version of the mod manually through Github here

SargBjornson

One of the things I wanted to add in the release version is getting rid of any creature graphics that were a bit too quirky for my tastes, such as the original Boomalopes I drew last year. Here is a sneak peek at the new boomalope hybrids!

schwarzrotes

when i use this mod and i visit other fractions on the world map i can not trade, they have no silver
and i can not see what they will buy, the button does nothing
after removing this mod all works fine again

SargBjornson

With the unstable version? Can't reproduce anyway, so it must be interacting with some other mod!

henk

Seems to be conflicting with Rimsenal for some reason. Not sure why, never had such a conflict before and it affects all faction. Error log is here:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.StockGenerator_Animals+<HandlesThingDef>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__0 (System.String tag) [0x0000c] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\StockGeneration\StockGenerators_Various.cs:263
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].GetIndex (Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, System.Predicate`1 match) [0x0000b] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:313
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].FindIndex (System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00006] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:294
  at Verse.GenCollection.Any[String] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list, System.Predicate`1 predicate) [0x00003] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Gen\GenCollection.cs:779
  at RimWorld.StockGenerator_Animals.HandlesThingDef (Verse.ThingDef thingDef) [0x00056] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\StockGeneration\StockGenerators_Various.cs:263
  at RimWorld.TraderKindDef.WillTrade (Verse.ThingDef td) [0x00016] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Defs\DefTypes\TraderKindDef.cs:67
  at RimWorld.Tradeable.get_TraderWillTrade () [0x00011] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\Tradeable\Tradeable.cs:81
  at RimWorld.TransferableUtility.TradeableMatching (Verse.Thing thing, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 tradeables) [0x00035] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Dialogs\Transferable\TransferableUtility.cs:276
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.AddToTradeables (Verse.Thing t, Transactor trans) [0x00008] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\TradeDeal.cs:146
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.AddAllTradeables () [0x0007f] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\TradeDeal.cs:79
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.Reset () [0x00018] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\TradeDeal.cs:60
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal..ctor () [0x0001e] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\TradeDeal.cs:53
  at RimWorld.TradeSession.SetupWith (ITrader newTrader, Verse.Pawn newPlayerNegotiator, Boolean giftMode) [0x00029] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\TradeSession.cs:36
  at RimWorld.Dialog_Trade..ctor (Verse.Pawn playerNegotiator, ITrader trader, Boolean giftsOnly) [0x00054] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Trade\Dialog_Trade.cs:226
  at RimWorld.Planet.CaravanVisitUtility+<TradeCommand>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 () [0x0002c] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Planet\WorldObject\Caravan\CaravanVisitUtility.cs:52
  at Verse.Command_Action.ProcessInput (UnityEngine.Event ev) [0x0000e] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Gizmos\Command_Action.cs:18
  at Verse.GizmoGridDrawer.DrawGizmoGrid (IEnumerable`1 gizmos, Single startX, Verse.Gizmo& mouseoverGizmo) [0x003fe] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Gizmos\GizmoGridDrawer.cs:162
  at RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor (IEnumerable`1 selectedObjects, Verse.Gizmo& mouseoverGizmo) [0x00216] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\MainButtons\Inspect\InspectPaneFiller.cs:285
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:105)
RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid:DrawInspectGizmoGridFor(IEnumerable`1, Gizmo&) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\MainButtons\Inspect\InspectPaneFiller.cs:289)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldInspectPane:DrawInspectGizmos() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\World\WorldInspectPane.cs:134)
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:ExtraOnGUI(IInspectPane) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\MainButtons\Inspect\InspectPaneUtility.cs:128)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldInspectPane:ExtraOnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\World\WorldInspectPane.cs:206)
Verse.WindowStack:WindowStackOnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Windows\WindowStack.cs:169)
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\UIRoot_Play.cs:91)
Verse.Root:OnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:164)