[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schwarzrotes

yes the unstable version, i made a new colonie only with core and genetic rim
when i go to world map and select a fraction and try to use the "show what will buy" button nothing happens, not even an error massage
so no other mod involved in this problem

ZE

regarding the art on a few animals, i feel its overdone a bit... its hard to find the right balance on rimworld art since its so minimalistic but i think maybe some details should be dropped.  just my opinion

the wolf and the chicken for example

left being what i'd do, just a quick mockup of it anyway

[attachment deleted due to age]

schwarzrotes

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.StockGenerator_Animals+<HandlesThingDef>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__0 (System.String tag) [0x0000c] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\StockGeneration\StockGenerators_Various.cs:263
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].GetIndex (Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, System.Predicate`1 match) [0x0000b] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:313
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].FindIndex (System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00006] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:294
  at Verse.GenCollection.Any[String] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list, System.Predicate`1 predicate) [0x00003] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Gen\GenCollection.cs:779
  at RimWorld.StockGenerator_Animals.HandlesThingDef (Verse.ThingDef thingDef) [0x00056] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\StockGeneration\StockGenerators_Various.cs:263
  at RimWorld.TraderKindDef.WillTrade (Verse.ThingDef td) [0x00016] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Defs\DefTypes\TraderKindDef.cs:67
  at RimWorld.Dialog_SellableItems.CalculateSellableItems (RimWorld.TraderKindDef trader) [0x00076] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Trade\Dialog_SellableItems.cs:153
  at RimWorld.Dialog_SellableItems..ctor (RimWorld.TraderKindDef trader) [0x0004d] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Trade\Dialog_SellableItems.cs:39
  at RimWorld.Planet.Settlement+<GetGizmos>c__Iterator0.<>m__0 () [0x00010] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Planet\WorldObject\Settlement\Settlement.cs:124
  at Verse.Command_Action.ProcessInput (UnityEngine.Event ev) [0x0000e] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Gizmos\Command_Action.cs:18
  at Verse.GizmoGridDrawer.DrawGizmoGrid (IEnumerable`1 gizmos, Single startX, Verse.Gizmo& mouseoverGizmo) [0x003fe] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Gizmos\GizmoGridDrawer.cs:162
  at RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor (IEnumerable`1 selectedObjects, Verse.Gizmo& mouseoverGizmo) [0x00216] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\MainButtons\Inspect\InspectPaneFiller.cs:285
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:105)
RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid:DrawInspectGizmoGridFor(IEnumerable`1, Gizmo&) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\MainButtons\Inspect\InspectPaneFiller.cs:289)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldInspectPane:DrawInspectGizmos() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\World\WorldInspectPane.cs:134)
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:ExtraOnGUI(IInspectPane) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\MainButtons\Inspect\InspectPaneUtility.cs:128)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldInspectPane:ExtraOnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\World\WorldInspectPane.cs:206)
Verse.WindowStack:WindowStackOnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Windows\WindowStack.cs:169)
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\UIRoot_Play.cs:91)
Verse.Root:OnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:164)

i redownloaded the mod and they have silver now but the worlbutton to see what they buy will throw this error

SargBjornson

Quote from: schwarzrotes on June 24, 2018, 04:39:21 PM
i redownloaded the mod and they have silver now but the worlbutton to see what they buy will throw this error

I have uploaded a version to https://github.com/juanosarg/GeneticRim-release/releases/tag/v3.02 . Please try with this one, since I can't seem to duplicate the error :( I removed the traders buying animals for now to see if that is it

Quote from: henk on June 23, 2018, 06:21:58 AM
Seems to be conflicting with Rimsenal for some reason. Not sure why, never had such a conflict before and it affects all faction. Error log is here:

I think tackling mod compatibility is on low priority until release of Rimworld itself! Thanks for the logs, though, they will be useful in the future!

Quote from: ZE on June 24, 2018, 12:40:27 AM
regarding the art on a few animals, i feel its overdone a bit... its hard to find the right balance on rimworld art since its so minimalistic but i think maybe some details should be dropped.  just my opinion

The original graphics of the Wolfchicken were exactly like that, just whiter (it is still in the mod files as "legacy"). I gradually changed them to the ones that are present now, since I like them much more.

Canute

schwarzrotes,
a complete errorlog could be useful too.
If you got hugslib installed press CTRL-F12 or attach the output_log.txt to your reply.
Since Sarg don't got this error with his mod alone, it should be a conflict with another mod, so these error log could be more helpful.
Don't forget to include your modlist if you just attach the output_log.txt.

schwarzrotes

i downloaded v3.02, same problem

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.StockGenerator_Animals+<HandlesThingDef>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__0 (System.String tag) [0x0000c] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\StockGeneration\StockGenerators_Various.cs:263
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].GetIndex (Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, System.Predicate`1 match) [0x0000b] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:313
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].FindIndex (System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00006] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:294
  at Verse.GenCollection.Any[String] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list, System.Predicate`1 predicate) [0x00003] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Gen\GenCollection.cs:779
  at RimWorld.StockGenerator_Animals.HandlesThingDef (Verse.ThingDef thingDef) [0x00056] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\StockGeneration\StockGenerators_Various.cs:263
  at RimWorld.TraderKindDef.WillTrade (Verse.ThingDef td) [0x00016] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Defs\DefTypes\TraderKindDef.cs:67
  at RimWorld.Dialog_SellableItems.CalculateSellableItems (RimWorld.TraderKindDef trader) [0x00076] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Trade\Dialog_SellableItems.cs:153
  at RimWorld.Dialog_SellableItems..ctor (RimWorld.TraderKindDef trader) [0x0004d] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Trade\Dialog_SellableItems.cs:39
  at RimWorld.Planet.Settlement+<GetGizmos>c__Iterator0.<>m__0 () [0x00010] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Planet\WorldObject\Settlement\Settlement.cs:124
  at Verse.Command_Action.ProcessInput (UnityEngine.Event ev) [0x0000e] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Gizmos\Command_Action.cs:18
  at Verse.GizmoGridDrawer.DrawGizmoGrid (IEnumerable`1 gizmos, Single startX, Verse.Gizmo& mouseoverGizmo) [0x003fe] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Gizmos\GizmoGridDrawer.cs:162
  at RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor (IEnumerable`1 selectedObjects, Verse.Gizmo& mouseoverGizmo) [0x00216] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\MainButtons\Inspect\InspectPaneFiller.cs:285
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:105)
RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid:DrawInspectGizmoGridFor(IEnumerable`1, Gizmo&) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\MainButtons\Inspect\InspectPaneFiller.cs:289)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldInspectPane:DrawInspectGizmos() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\World\WorldInspectPane.cs:134)
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:ExtraOnGUI(IInspectPane) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\MainButtons\Inspect\InspectPaneUtility.cs:128)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldInspectPane:ExtraOnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\World\WorldInspectPane.cs:206)
Verse.WindowStack:WindowStackOnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Windows\WindowStack.cs:169)
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\UIRoot_Play.cs:91)
Verse.Root:OnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:164)

output log: https://git.io/f49iG

my mods
<li>Core</li>
         <li>HugsLib</li>
         <li>Terra Core/Framework</li>
         <li>Golgafrinchans</li>
         <li>GeneticRim Release Version</li>
         <li>They're still Clever</li>
         <li>The Birds and the Bees</li>
         <li>A Dog Said...</li>
         <li>[Ling]Cooler1.0</li>
         <li>Numbers</li>
         <li>Dubs Rimkit - v1 DEV</li>
         <li>Dubs Bad Hygiene - v1 - test</li>
         <li>Dubs Skylights - DEV</li>
         <li>Fluffy Breakdowns</li>
         <li>[FSF] No Bionics Uneasiness</li>
         <li>[FSF] Vanilla Bionics Expansion</li>
         <li>No Forced Slowdown</li>
         <li>[FSF] Encounter Map Resources</li>
         <li>[XND] TE Turret Expansion</li>
         <li>[XND] Turret Extensions</li>
         <li>Buildable Terrain v1</li>
         <li>Additional Lights 1.0</li>
         <li>Simple Steel Bridges</li>
         <li>Medical Training</li>
         <li>Invisible Conduits</li>
         <li>Work Tab</li>

and mods
<li>Core</li>
         <li>HugsLib</li>
         <li>GeneticRim Release Version</li>

output log: https://git.io/f49Pa

[attachment deleted due to age]

Sahjin

I'm having trouble using the muffalochicken milk in recipes or figuring out how to convert it to regular milk. Thanks!

SargBjornson

Quote from: schwarzrotes on June 25, 2018, 08:15:27 AM
i downloaded v3.02, same problem

I think I finally managed to fix this! Try 3.03, on GitHub

Quote from: Sahjin on July 30, 2018, 04:25:03 PM
I'm having trouble using the muffalochicken milk in recipes or figuring out how to convert it to regular milk. Thanks!

Stoves should have a recipe to turn weird milks into regular milk if needed.

SargBjornson

I have just uploaded a new test version for the unstable branch, you can download it at https://github.com/juanosarg/GeneticRim-release/releases as always!

The major change is that all hybrids now have a proper skeleton, that's why I decided to update now, since it was a LOT of work :)

NeoSono

Im so glad you updated and the mod works again. No more errors when loading for me now. already started with hybrids :D. awesome mod, thanks for your work on it :)

SargBjornson

Quote from: NeoSono on August 10, 2018, 09:55:36 AM
Im so glad you updated and the mod works again. No more errors when loading for me now. already started with hybrids :D. awesome mod, thanks for your work on it :)

If you see anything going weird let me know!

TOWC

Damn, I really wish installing the Thrumbo horn wouldn't technically remove the whole freaking head.

MegaDeth

SargBjornson

Quote from: MegaDeth on August 14, 2018, 02:49:28 PM
No longer works with A Dog Said :| version 19

No, that's on purpose! I won't do mod compatibility till release

MegaDeth

Quote from: SargBjornson on August 15, 2018, 07:45:03 AM
No, that's on purpose! I won't do mod compatibility till release

So, basically, you're abandoning it for half a year ? Why ?