[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Quote from: MegaDeth on August 15, 2018, 02:13:19 PM
Quote from: SargBjornson on August 15, 2018, 07:45:03 AM
No, that's on purpose! I won't do mod compatibility till release

So, basically, you're abandoning it for half a year ? Why ?
So, basically you have never develop an own mod ? Why ? :-)

SargBjornson

Yep, it's absurd to do cross-mod integration on a constantly changing development build. If that's abandoning the mod...

SargBjornson

On the other hand, it is a pain to always be worried about what A Dog Said does or doesn't, so I'm considering adding my own line of "hybrid only" implants. This would add an use for the already existing implants and the Tissue Growing Vat crafting station.

TOWC

I just made my own ADS patch for some hybrids, so far works perfect. Come on guys, there's an instruction for all of this on the spoon's mod page.

SargBjornson

Genetic Rim is ready for B19! You can download it on Steam or Github as always.

Eldritch and Dinosaur patches are being worked on. Also, I need Modcheck to be ready to add A Dog Said compatibility

SargBjornson

I had been toying with the idea for a while, and now it's done: the Growth Vat can be used to create either animal or human implants. Using different animal genes, you can create implants such as Thrumbo Legs, or Chitinous Hearts, and turn your scientific aberrations into even more bizarre creatures. By using humanoid genes, you can mix them with animal genes and create several hybrid implants to improve your colonists (this last part is the same as before).

This means you no longer need A Dog Said, since the mod includes its own fluffy implants!

Also, colonists can now be milked with the muffalo mammaries implant. Yuck. Thank Telavus

[attachment deleted due to age]

SargBjornson

Added a few new things: special ability for eldritch hybrids using the Animal Control research. The Boombeetles ranged attacks work again! Also some light bugfixing.

Kriyppler

I want to make a thrumbo warg and turn it into a cyborg with implants so my lone rich survivor whos a psychopath and a transhumanist addicted to impaltns and being a cyborg can ride around on thrumbo warg cyborg and shooting enemies. does it work with giddy-up and a dog once said? thanks

SargBjornson

All mods work with Giddy-Up :) It's super nice in that way. As for A Dog Said, Genetic Rim now includes it's own class of hybrid implants. They are not exactly like the implants at A Dog Said, some are better, and some are worse!

SargBjornson

Ok, so, are you guys ready to play with Mechanoid Hybrids??? Because some of them are beyond awesome. All mechanoid hybrids are ranged, and some are very fun to play with :)

Here is the whole changelog for version 3.2:

Added Mechanoid hybrids. 9 new creatures added to the mod
    Added 9 new animal weapons, since all mechanoid hybrids are ranged
    New research "advanced mechanite bio-integration" added to the mod
    Added new animal control ability for mechanoid hybrids
    Many new implants for hybrids, some of them using tier 3 mechanoid genes
    FIX: Made implants sellable only so they are not being sold by merchants
    FIX: Mad Scientist orbital merchant should be working again
    FIX: You can now install ovipositors and muffalo mammaries on prisoners
    FIX: Implants now correctly install on missing limbs and organs

SargBjornson

Re-added patches for A Dog Said and Animal Collab Project. This means you can now implant your hybrid creatures with a ton of weird things, from both a Dog Said and the implants I added to Genetic Rim :)

The potential for cheesiness is... exquisite

Urubaen

him i have a issue with some of the new mecha hybrid, i have this error every time i try to train my mech hybrid resulting that they go wild ...
Only one of the fex i have had a complete training
I have this issue with the mechaturtle, the mechaspider, the mechawolf, the mechathrumbo and the mechabear, don't know for the other, i'm just sure that the mechamuffalo is okay since he is fully train.

JobDriver threw exception in initAction for pawn Seb driver=JobDriver_Train (toilIndex=8) driver.job=(Train (Job_9492900) A=Thing_GR_Mechawolf1171756) lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_InteractAnimal.RequiredNutritionPerFeed (Verse.Pawn animal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_InteractAnimal+<FeedToils>c__Iterator1.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

SargBjornson

You are using the gitHub version, right? There is an update fixing that :)

Urubaen

yes i was using the github version and with the last update the bug is solved, thanks ^^

Oldcheese

I'm not entirely sure if this has been posted before.

- Are megasloths not vanilla creatures? There's no option to harvest them.
- How can I know what vial of genes is what? If I harvest murine/rodent serum from two different animals they seem to go on the same stack? Will it just give me a random rodent? I noticed it gave me a wolfbeaver.
- Will there ever be options to breed alpha insects, or did you choose not to because they're natural animals?

Also, if I 'modify' my pawns, will people be disgusted/hate them or will they find it negative? Does it work the way you'd expect with transhumanist?

Sorry for all the questions!

Is there any wiki/documentation on this mod? the descriptions don't say very much oftentimes. I'd love to know beforehand if the creatures are breedable or not.