[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_a_random

Quote from: Oldcheese on October 03, 2018, 05:41:46 PM
I'm not entirely sure if this has been posted before.

- Are megasloths not vanilla creatures? There's no option to harvest them.
- How can I know what vial of genes is what? If I harvest murine/rodent serum from two different animals they seem to go on the same stack? Will it just give me a random rodent? I noticed it gave me a wolfbeaver.
- Will there ever be options to breed alpha insects, or did you choose not to because they're natural animals?

Also, if I 'modify' my pawns, will people be disgusted/hate them or will they find it negative? Does it work the way you'd expect with transhumanist?

Sorry for all the questions!

Is there any wiki/documentation on this mod? the descriptions don't say very much oftentimes. I'd love to know beforehand if the creatures are breedable or not.
1 megasloths are indeed vanilla creatures but they are not from a "family of animals" used by the mod to create hybrids
2 genes of all similar animals are the same thowards hybrid creation, so all rodents result in the same rodent and all canines result in wolf-like creatures
3 cant answer that but would like to know too
modifications do not give any kind of social impact modificator(except those who improve or perjudice talking) this is true for all pawn modifications by all mods(unless specified otherwise)

SargBjornson

I just haven't done alpha insects :)

Regarding a wiki: Not knowing exactly what each hybrid is strong at is part of the fun of the mod! I obviously know all the combinations, and it's not very fun to use for me, since you tend to only mix the most useful hybrids

xion1088

What's the difference between an normal animal and its alpha version? Like an alpha chicken produces more eggs than a normal one?

xion1088

Can you take a simple request? Can you make eggs and milk produced by prisoners available to be hauled? If a prisoner lays an egg it can't hauled to another place because it counts as prisoner food and it's reserved for them.

Oldcheese

I feel like 'worse' animals should be able to give something back. Like how chickens give you eggs. If you make a mecha chicken over a mecha bear you'll get something. The 'OP' mechs wouldn't give parts and a mecha rat would 'scavenge' advanced every 5 days or something like that.

That would definitely solve weaker animals not being used. Especially Mecha's vs Insects right now. For battle I see 0 reason not to just take Mecha bears over other animals except maybe Mecha cougars for speed. Maybe if part generation was only for 'producing' animals rather than all mechs.

Anyway. I really love this mod. Good job on maintaining it!

Ncates1234

Were there any changes to meat and furs? Or maybe it is compatible with "Meaty bits & Eggcetera" mod?
Main reason I didn't like this mod before were because of millions of fur and meat variations taking up trader menu's...

SargBjornson

ALL hybrids have (swapping Boomalope for one of the parent vanilla animals):

<useLeatherFrom>Boomalope</useLeatherFrom>
      <useMeatFrom>Boomalope</useMeatFrom>

And... they always have...

xion1088

By the way can you make the thing I suggested a separated mod? Just in case people don't want to install GeneticRim, or am I asking to much?  :-\

xion1088

Allow eggs, milk and other raw food from being hauled out of prisons.

SargBjornson

Oh right! I took a look at it, and I'm not sure it can be easily done, but I'll keep trying. 1.0 is around the corner, so an update should follow soon

Ncates1234

Quote from: SargBjornson on October 08, 2018, 01:52:46 PM
ALL hybrids have (swapping Boomalope for one of the parent vanilla animals):

<useLeatherFrom>Boomalope</useLeatherFrom>
      <useMeatFrom>Boomalope</useMeatFrom>

And... they always have...
Hm... Could've sworn back in A15-16 (or maybe even 17, been along time...) I had removed this because of the meat and fur clutter...
Guess I'll give it a try again.

SargBjornson

The mod has been updated on GitHub for 1.0. The B19 version will still be the main one on Steam until this Wednesday, when I'll change it to the new one.

Updated to Rimworld Release version
    Reduced a bit the amount of Components produced by mechanoid hybrids
    Added the possibility to add genetic implants to vanilla creatures