[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldcheese

Heya.

I was wondering about combat, can one pawn have multiple mecha-spiders shooting, for example? Or can every pawn only 'control' one mecha as a weapons platform?

leestriter

Any chance of adding compatibility for the dinosaurs or equipment in JurassicRim?

SargBjornson

This is now officially the most ridiculous thing I've ever drawn

crusader2010

Quote from: SargBjornson on December 04, 2018, 06:00:21 AM
This is now officially the most ridiculous thing I've ever drawn

At first I thought it was a green army winter boot with fixed shoelaces  ;D ;D
But it's actually really nice! I wonder if Rimworld will ever get even small 2D animations  :)
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Pyromaniack

I installed this mod only yesterday but I already love it.

If I could suggest some things:
1. I feel like mech-aminals not eating is to OP, how about a patch/option to make them need to eat, and eat a lot more than normal animals. That would force some more maintenance of them. Also, can you make them able to eat trees, I think that huge mechs that need nutrients for energy and to sustain their biological parts should be able to eat any kind of biomass.
2. I can't believe that I'm the only one to suggest it but: mecha-therium? ;)
3. This one is more like a question. Can mecha-animals weapons be swapped? Can I install for example flamethrower to mecha-muffalo? If not - can it be implemented?

qinlongfei

Yes! There will finally be a Megafauna patch, and maybe we can hope for an AlphaAnimals patch down the pipeline since you are also doing that mod?

Not sure if it'll be possible with the game, but is it possible to make some kind of gene modding for settler pawns that splice animal DNA into enhancement that body purist won't hate on as opposed to the normal cybernatic modding?

SargBjornson

Good news, everyone! There is now a patch for the Megafauna mod, which means 9 new aberrant creatures to play with! The mod has also been updated to include a new animal control ability for those hybrids, Keen Senses. Have fun!

Ames

The t-rex needs some love. Tbh, I was surprised that the t-rex didnt have a hybrid, even tho the spino did.

Sandy

Quote from: SargBjornson on December 14, 2018, 10:01:12 AM
Good news, everyone! There is now a patch for the Megafauna mod, which means 9 new aberrant creatures to play with! The mod has also been updated to include a new animal control ability for those hybrids, Keen Senses. Have fun!
Hi. i just used that megafauna patch.. and i got xml errors.. something about keen senses not present in compProperties.Draftable, for every hybrids, i think.. sorry, i couldnt take screenshots..

Ames

*sigh* Here's my sorry ass trying to create something. I need to take classes on how to be creative, I guess.

[attachment deleted due to age]

cortanakya

Quote from: Ames on December 15, 2018, 02:08:35 PM
*sigh* Here's my sorry ass trying to create something. I need to take classes on how to be creative, I guess.

Wtf you talking about? That looks awesome!

SargBjornson

Quote from: Ames on December 15, 2018, 02:08:35 PM

haha, yeah, that's cool! Inter-mod creatures are a bit of a pain, though, since the amount of combinations grows exponentially!