[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

douglasw

so, i built a animal control hub to use the Mechathrumbo antigrain warhead at will, but i can't, is it a bug? i can move him around and use the stampede and the blast, still i cant make it attack anything nor use the mighty ranged attack of hell.

Nylux

Sent a Pull Request for the French Translation !
If anything's wrong let me know
I do english to french translations. I'm not the best, but if you need something translated hmu.

Ames

Quote from: cortanakya on December 16, 2018, 05:45:06 PM
Quote from: Ames on December 15, 2018, 02:08:35 PM
*sigh* Here's my sorry ass trying to create something. I need to take classes on how to be creative, I guess.

Wtf you talking about? That looks awesome!

Thanks a lot! I try! Wish I knew or had the free time to learn how to mod. I could have made some of my own then! Maybe one day!

Quote from: SargBjornson on December 16, 2018, 05:52:21 PM
Quote from: Ames on December 15, 2018, 02:08:35 PM
*sigh* Here's my sorry ass trying to create something. I need to take classes on how to be creative, I guess.

haha, yeah, that's cool! Inter-mod creatures are a bit of a pain, though, since the amount of combinations grows exponentially!

I get what you're saying! So many different types of creatures to work with and so many possible combos. Its a real pain. But take it easy mate! I love your stuff a lot!

douglasw

i just want to point out a slight unbalance.

so, i was looking into the numbers of some farm animals and found out that alpha wild boars have some unusual high ratios, their nutrition output for nutrition input is 0.577 almost 3 times that of the normal wild boar or the normal pig or even the alpha pig for that matter, i think the problem is in the hunger rate of 0.45 while the alpha pig has 1.50.

that's all i have thank you

TheLunatic889

So... I'm wondering... Could you have your hybrid creature breed if you had two of them?

brunolaranjada

I got a little problem with Pawn Rules, i cant set a rule for all my hybrid animals at once

SargBjornson

Huge new update is up!

v4.1:

All Alphas are now named Paragons. Why? To diferentiate them from my Alpha Animals mod :)
    Remade all building graphics. They are now generally smaller (either 3x1 like tables, or 2x2 like generators). Laboratories can now be much more compact
    Made almost all buildings rotatable
    Made almost all buildings minifiable, since you'll need to reorganize your lab!
    Modified building aesthetics to make them fit with the buildings in the High Tech Laboratory Facilities mod. Palette is now blue and green, instead of red
    Added the Lab Shelf building, to store Genetic Rim items
    Added the Nutrient Vat building, which acts as a tool cabinet only for Genetic Rim buildings
    Animal Control Hub shouldn't give errors when placed outside (and it should be outside for RP reasons, shouldn't it ;)
    Added a Mod Options screen, with two option for now
    Added Option to remove long legs from creature graphics. This affects all hybrids and paragons that had longs legs on their graphics
    Added Option to adjust rate of failure of incubators (default is 10%)
    Added compatibility with Rim of Madness - Bones to extract organic pulp from bones
    Added custom skeleton graphics for all Mechanoid hybrids
    Added a new Room, called Genetic Laboratory
    Tried to fix thrumbo horn implant removing the subject's skull
    Fixed Paragon Ostrich graphic

temple_wing

What about to allow natural cross-breeding. Especially for cats and dogs. So if you have different kinds of dogs. They have a chance of cross breed NATURALLY.

SargBjornson

Quote from: temple_wing on January 30, 2019, 01:51:04 AM
What about to allow natural cross-breeding. Especially for cats and dogs. So if you have different kinds of dogs. They have a chance of cross breed NATURALLY.

That sounds much easier than it actually is :) In fact, my original intention was to enable interbreeding, since that's how the game that inspired this mod (Bullfrog's Genewars) worked. However, you'd have to rewrite the whole base game breeding system.

SargBjornson

Everytime I think I have peaked in ridiculousness, I surprise myself... Here is a Bearoflot, an hybrid of Bear and Alpha Animal's Aeroflot

SargBjornson

Some less ridiculous hybrids for the incoming Genetic Rim - Alpha Animals patch

Canute

Hi Sarg,
i got maybe an idea for some unique animal.
A tentacle monster-plant.
Can't move or very slow, maybe an option for pawn's to replace them.
It can draw other non-friendly pawn's to it, attack it and eat it if it win the fight.
Got a bigger hunger bar, so it can store more food and can live longer without food.
Will eat corpse, when they got hauled next to it.

SargBjornson

You wrote that on the Steam page for Alpha Animals, didn't you? (if not, it was a very similar idea). In fact, I drew it, but didn't like the end result, so I'll probably revisit it in the future!

Canute

Nope i am a non-steam user. :-)
And i got that idea long time too, just remembered it as i saw these tentacle bug you just created.