[1.0 - 1.1] Genetic Rim - Combine animals to create new hybrids - v5.05

Started by SargBjornson, August 17, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaJe

Sarg,
You did a wonderful work with this mod and I'm pretty sure it's a hell of work to do. However I am curious, do you have any plan to add extra variety of animals to combine with? such as Vanilla Animal Expanded from Oskar Potocki?

Or even better, have you thought about creating a similar mod but for mixing plants DNA to get the best plant possible? some resistant against blight, some that grow faster but low yeld or viceversa, etc..
I ate without a table and I liked it.

SargBjornson

Unstable version (for 1.1) available at GitHub: https://github.com/juanosarg/GeneticRim/releases

I'll wait until 1.1 is stable to update it on Steam, since at the moment multiversion support for 1.0 gives a stupid red error due to change of tags in about.xml

Basileus

Would it be possible to release the draftable animal control part of this mod as a standalone? It's something I always wanted to be able to do, especially since I made my own jury-rigged mod that adds a special xenohumanoid lobotomized animal for combat (don't look at me like that, it's Rimworld lol) that can shoot and it works, except it would be much better to have a tighter control on it than what you can with animals normally.

I'm sure it would be popular for other users too, but I understand if it's too much of a request. Perhaps if that is not feasible you could explain me how to do it myself in broad strokes?

Passenger009

Hi Sarg, thanks for the awesome mod, I wanna ask how to use the patches, throw it all in rimworld mod folder or copy it to generic mod folder, I don't know much about modding so that confuse me a lot. Thank you !

SargBjornson

Patches go in the same folder as mods, the only thing to be careful is to load them after both mods (for example, Genetic Rim and Dinosauria)

guilherm15

I cant see the researchs from the mod in the research menu.

Marmalade

I'm not even sure if this page is still looked at much, but I really gotta know..
Is there any way to make it so that this mod won't disable dev features? I removed all of my mods and only used Genetic Rim to see if there was just a compatibility issue or something, but there doesn't seem to be. I can't use any dev features except for god mode when I have this mod active, and I'm still new to the game, so I can't figure out why. Can I please get some help?
Please help ;~; I don't know what's going on