[1.1]Ancient Rim (28th Feb 20)

Started by koni, August 17, 2017, 07:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you preffer to add following content(Egypt, Persia, Gaul,..) put in separate mods or should I merge all into one?

Yes (separate)
23 (60.5%)
No (merged)
15 (39.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

koni

Ave RimWorlders,

I've created a mod with the goal to expand the cultural and technological diversity of RimWorld. As the title says it is set in the ancient age.

Short description:

Ancient Rim will expand the technological timeline of RimWorld by a whole new age, filling the gap between the neolithikum and  the industrialization. The player will be allowed to dive into the experience meeting cultures extinct long ago in our timeline, making it more possible to his/her colony to live in luxury without the need of electricity. There will be a lot of new furniture items, weapons, armor and clothing as well as various other content representing each unique culture from our history.

Modules:
To allow the player to customize his/her experience Ancient Rim consists of multiple modules. These are...

The Ancient Rim - Core Mod. It includes various shared contend like resources, crafting stations, research tabs and projects and items appearing in multiple cultures. You will need to download and install JecsTools before it.
AR_Core.7z

Ancient Rim - Mediterranean Edition. Here we have the bunch of furniture items, weapons, armor and clothing representing the cultures of  the old Romans and Greeks. There are also some food items and crops important to Rome. It won't run without the core mod.
AR_SPQRim.7z

Ancient Rim Mediterranean Factions. Ever wondered how it is to be raided by the mighty Legions of Rome? This sub mod will add factions from the old Mediterranean Sea. You will be able to trade and fight with the Empire of Rome, the Kingdom of Macedonia (representing Alexander the Great), the Peloponnesian League (cities belonging to Sparta) and other Greek cities. You will need both Core and Mediterranean Edition.
AR_MediFaction.7z

Ancient Rim - Oriental Edition (unfinished). Just like the Mediterranean Edition but with Egypt and Persia instead of Rome and Greece.
AR_Orient.7z

Ancient Rim - Oriental Factions (unfinished). Factions equipped with gear by the Oriental Edition.
AR_OriFaction.7z

Screenshots:

a small kitchen with an oil press ffor olives an furniture examples
colonists dreessed as legionaries equiped with new weapons + ballista
a smith' workshop with underground heater and Greek armor items

Credits/ special thanks:
Jecrell and his team(?) and his for creating JecsTools and leting me use the file GraphicApparelDetour.dll
Kubouch for creating and Syrchalis for updating Universal Fermenter
Marnador for his Font
sera13 for this little thing

Future plans:

• improving existing mods
  • ancient age: the Orient, China and India
  • 17th+18th century Europe
  • Aztec and Inca empire

Because of that there is many stuff I wan to add I don't think I get everything done by myself in foreseeable time. I'm happy for everyone willing to contribute his/her talent to help me out.

If there is anything special you want to see in here, just tell it in the comment.

Licence: Actually there is no licence, do what ever you want, but please give credits.

SpaceDorf

Hey Koni,

great mod, congrats to the official release  ;D

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

koni

Oops, won't happen again, or not so fast. Somehow my browser don't tell me such mistakes.

SpaceDorf

mine neither, thats what nagging forumites are there for :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

kaptain_kavern

Oh, it's out? Yes!

Thank you and congratulation for the release.

Ave

pickbullmister

Now that's something i've been waiting for!
Nice work, particularly the graphics, keep up the good work.

I'm off to test this thing for the next 10 to 40 hours...

Hail to Koni!

Hydromancerx

Glad it got officially released! I love this mod!  ;D

RetPaladinlol

Awesome mod, thanks for all your hard work! Now I can re-create Caesar's Legion from Fallout, sweetness

Emagmo

Great mod, but I've got an issue, that makes me unable to build flag pole. Colonists deliver materials, someone build it, and it just disappear. Anyway, rest of features works fine, as far as I checked.

koni

Quote from: Emagmo on August 18, 2017, 06:40:36 PM
Great mod, but I've got an issue, that makes me unable to build flag pole. Colonists deliver materials, someone build it, and it just disappear. Anyway, rest of features works fine, as far as I checked.

Does it throw any errors in the log? At my test the flagpole works without problems. Does this happen to other players?

FoxXeL

Good job! Just as it is said, Rim wasn't built in a day.

pickbullmister

Nothing bad to report so far, only the mediterrannean smithy isnt turning the ressources into unfinished object when making armors, and so we can't have info on work left. Otherwise i'm using a quite modded rimworld and i'm surprised it worked without problems, great work!

koni

First official update: The faction is now divided in Romans and Greeks. There is also a new chainmail called lorica hamata. And the smithy turns now recourses into unfinished.

HatiRagnarr

koni

Quote from: HatiRagnarr on August 25, 2017, 09:09:20 AM
What next ?  :D

In the next time I start another mod in that timeline, settled in the near east and the Nile.