[1.1]Ancient Rim (28th Feb 20)

Started by koni, August 17, 2017, 07:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you preffer to add following content(Egypt, Persia, Gaul,..) put in separate mods or should I merge all into one?

Yes (separate)
23 (60.5%)
No (merged)
15 (39.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

FancyMancy

Help! When i load a game, it's all right and the world map works fine. But then, i came across your mod and thought "Why not?" and downloaded it. However, i played it once, closed the game and slept. The next day, i opened Rimworld and loaded my save and it was fine at first, then i decided to buy chocolate in a nearby town. When i opened the world map, there was no Planet, no Sun. Just the icons of various settlements  (Except, strangely, Imperium Romanum.) I am sure that the SPQRim mod is causing it as this started when I used it. I already tried turning the mod off, but my save becomes impossible to load when i turn it off and i had made sure i deleted everything in my colony that is from your mod (With the Dev Tools).

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

sirgzu

There appears to be no way to craft bolter ammo. Am I missing something?

koni

Quote from: FancyMancy on September 03, 2017, 09:29:59 AM
Help! When i load a game, it's all right and the world map works fine. But then, i came across your mod and thought "Why not?" and downloaded it. However, i played it once, closed the game and slept. The next day, i opened Rimworld and loaded my save and it was fine at first, then i decided to buy chocolate in a nearby town. When i opened the world map, there was no Planet, no Sun. Just the icons of various settlements  (Except, strangely, Imperium Romanum.) I am sure that the SPQRim mod is causing it as this started when I used it. I already tried turning the mod off, but my save becomes impossible to load when i turn it off and i had made sure i deleted everything in my colony that is from your mod (With the Dev Tools).

I can't tell you what's wrong. Did it throw errors in the log? Can you give me a list of the mods you've used? Maybe there is an incompatibility.

Quote from: sirgzu on September 07, 2017, 02:42:42 AM
There appears to be no way to craft bolter ammo. Am I missing something?

There are craft at the stone cutters table as "ballistae bolts", after you researched the bolter ballista, if there was no bug.

Quote from: HatiRagnarr on September 10, 2017, 03:34:54 AM
and  :o ?

I'm sorry, but I'm missing a lot of time. In the unfinished section in the forum I've released a mini mod of some old near eastern weapons, to show I've not forgot to work on Ancient Rim.

sirskips

Not sure how to vote this. I say separate the other ancient rim mods, but also do a combined version as well let them decide which they want.

KnightsCross

Goldman

could you add shields for this mod, make it more historical :)

koni

Quote from: HatiRagnarr on September 13, 2017, 11:31:52 AM
any news ?
Not now, I'm sorry
Quote from: sirskips on September 15, 2017, 02:15:31 PM
Not sure how to vote this. I say separate the other ancient rim mods, but also do a combined version as well let them decide which they want.
I'm sorry to say that, but that's is (at the moment) not an option to me. That's why you (all) voted.
Quote from: KnightsCross on September 25, 2017, 12:13:03 PM
ROMA VICTA
Ave, comrade! Time to conquer the next barbarian tribe ;D
Quote from: Goldman on September 25, 2017, 10:57:34 PM
could you add shields for this mod, make it more historical :)
That would require an actual framework, which is compatible with Faction Colors by Cpt.Ohu or high coding skills, which both I have not :(

koni

Update:

• The mod is ripped into the a core file and a specific mod file
  • I've added shields! But they're more of an improvised kind. Those shields are only a weapon with a shield texture and will be replaced with better ones, until it is possible to me(I'm still hoping someone does make a FC supporting framework for shields..)

Hydromancerx

I added this to my own game but could you add support to make Olive Oil from the Mill Stone in the Vegetable Garden mod?

koni

I think I can try it, probably I should make a whole VG patch. I'll start this weekend with it

Hydromancerx

If you do can you also deal with your Grapes vs VG Grapes? It would be nice if both could do the same things as each other.

koni