[1.1]Ancient Rim (28th Feb 20)

Started by koni, August 17, 2017, 07:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you preffer to add following content(Egypt, Persia, Gaul,..) put in separate mods or should I merge all into one?

Yes (separate)
23 (60.5%)
No (merged)
15 (39.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Hydromancerx

Thank you!

Can you make more Mosaics? Such as an Ibex, Boar and Deer?

Thanks!

Hydromancerx

Any updates for B18? Possibly on Steam this time?

sevrun

love the idea, but ya gotta have the hoplon and pelte if you're going Greek...

Know there were mods that allowed you to a shield in A17, but all the combat mods are in a state of total freakin rebuild for 18 atm.

Just a thought.

koni

Quote from: Hydromancerx on October 31, 2017, 01:36:51 PM
Thank you!

Can you make more Mosaics? Such as an Ibex, Boar and Deer?

Thanks!

Sorry for the late response. Of course I can do, I already had this in mind ;)

Quote from: Hydromancerx on December 11, 2017, 03:33:32 AM
Any updates for B18? Possibly on Steam this time?

I'm willing to  update, but I have actually not many time to do this. But I'm working on this mod again during Christmas.
I won't upload AR on Steam, I don't have an account on there, yet.

Quote from: sevrun on December 12, 2017, 05:43:56 AM
love the idea, but ya gotta have the hoplon and pelte if you're going Greek...

Know there were mods that allowed you to a shield in A17, but all the combat mods are in a state of total freakin rebuild for 18 atm.

Just a thought.

I tried to improvise shields in A17, without those combat mods, because I was using Cpt.Ohu's Faction Colors as a framework. Since This isn't going to be updated in foreseeable future, I will use my improvisation until those combat mods are on B18; when AR is at B18, of course

koni

It's updated to B18.
I've make nearly no changes, except deleting minor detail for compatibility with the new RimWorld version. Also Cpt.Ohu's Faction Colors isn't needed anymore.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: koni on January 13, 2018, 09:18:34 AM
It's updated to B18.
I've make nearly no changes, except deleting minor detail for compatibility with the new RimWorld version. Also Cpt.Ohu's Faction Colors isn't needed anymore.

WOOOHOOO!!! I honestly was not expecting this at all, even though I had checked your mod out earlier. I really wanted a B18 release to, and had no idea it was in the works. What a great surprise, and thanks for all of your hard work! ;D

Sarge

This turned into a mess for me.

Care: The Universal Fermenter zip does not extract a root folder into your mods folder, it dumps the About, Assemblies etc. directly so that you have to go clean that shit up.

The Ancient Rim mods flagged as not for B18 after painting the error log red.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Sarge on January 13, 2018, 12:48:10 PM
This turned into a mess for me.

Care: The Universal Fermenter zip does not extract a root folder into your mods folder, it dumps the About, Assemblies etc. directly so that you have to go clean that shit up.

The Ancient Rim mods flagged as not for B18 after painting the error log red.

Always look at your 7zip or winrar or whatever extraction program you use, look at the contents window before extracting. I think I had the same issue with universal fermenter, but that isn't this authors fault. I'm curious if they uploaded the wrong version of SPQR, or that we can just change the version number. It is xml only, so doesn't look like it would hurt to try.

S1lverw0lf

koni

I had issues with uploading SPQRim first, that's why there were errors about "mods flagged as not for B18 after painting the error log red". This was still the A17 version. It should be fixed now. Sorry for that.

Harry_Dicks

I'm guessing you need the load order to be AR_Core->AR_SPQRim, right? I think most people would figure this out, but it helps to have it in the OP for people like me! ;D

Dfid

Is this mod compatible with Combat Extended?

Harry_Dicks

I'm also curious how this will interact with cuproPanda's Alloys, because I think he has copper or bronze in his, as well. Maybe there will be 2 kinds, or they will work together, or whoever is loaded last will overwrite the other? I guess we shall find out! It would be cool if it was just cupro's kind would work with this mod though, because he has other alloys that are great as well.

EDIT: Is there anyway you can have your floors work with Stuffed Floors and/or Architect Sense? I ask because I have 5 seperate entries for the 5 vanilla types of stone you can make it out of, when it could be only 1, or a lot more if you were to just allow the <stoney> type, no? Because we have stones added by mods that we want to use, not every always has granite, marble, slate, sandstone, and limestone.

EDIT2: Also, I cannot for the life of me find those mosaics anywhere. Do you have to craft them? I'll check when I get back.

LBA

Hey there.
Whenever I attempt to build the 'Fermenting Barrel (Wine)', whenever a pawn finishes actually building it, it just disappears. I also cannot place a barrel using dev mode, as it just gives the same error.

Exception ticking [Pawn Name]: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type) <0x0005d>
at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type,bool) <0x00013>
at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type) <0x00012>
at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef,Verse.ThingDef) <0x00214>
at RimWorld.Frame.CompleteConstruction (Verse.Pawn) <0x002f3>
at RimWorld.JobDriver_ConstructFinishFrame/<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator0/<MakeNewToils>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__1 () <0x001ef>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick_Patch1 (object) <0x002ba>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.JobTrackerTick () <0x00242>
at Verse.Pawn.Tick () <0x00155>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x002c6>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Canute

LBA,
not played this mod so far, and not sure if you need it.
But do you got Universal Fermenter installed too ?
If not try to install it, the link is at the original posting.