I need an object to emit negative heat.

Started by Petrenko, August 17, 2017, 02:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petrenko

Heyho,

i tried to work with coolers and heaters to make a furniture object to emit negative heat, without it needing power or fuel.
Basically like the crashed alienship part.

So far all my tries crashed.

Is there a mod already doing this or could someone point me to a tutorial etc? I searched for quite a while but wasn't able to find anything. I even tried different freezer/heater mods.

Thanks in advance for any help =)

harpo99999

I think what you want might be quantum cooling, I remember this in a16 as a cooling device that did not need an outlet and could be set to a specific temp, do not know if it has been updated,
another thought is just to change the amount of heat emited to a negative number

Petrenko

Heyho,

thanks a lot. For now i can't get it to work. Is it necessary to clear some cache, have a new save or reinstall the game, reload mods etc for a change to appear?

harpo99999

it should be exit the game, make the changes in the files, then load the game (and maybe start a new game playthrough)

jamaicancastle

If you make changes to a mod while the game is running, in most cases you need to go to the main menu and change your mod list (rearrange it or activate/deactivate a mod that isn't the one you're testing) to force a reload. You can also quit and launch the game again.