Upload to steamworkshop

Started by KIlonKasio, October 13, 2017, 02:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KIlonKasio

Ight, I'm new to the modding aspect of Rimworld. I plan to make some in the near future, but to start I wanted to update a mod already on the workshop. I've messaged the author(not really the author though?) and updated, tested the mod. But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the damn thing on the workshop. help?

Wishmaster

Click on your mod and click "Upload / update to workshop" button on the bottom right on the screen...
This is indeed not very intuitive but making a search would give you a quick answer...

Incantation

Quote from: KIlonKasio on October 13, 2017, 02:56:53 PM
Ight, I'm new to the modding aspect of Rimworld. I plan to make some in the near future, but to start I wanted to update a mod already on the workshop. I've messaged the author(not really the author though?) and updated, tested the mod. But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the damn thing on the workshop. help?
1. Place the mod folder into your Rimworld game's mod folder, by default it should be at-
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld/Mods

2. Start the game

3. On the main menu, click on the "mods" button.

4. Select your mod from the list and click "upload to steam workshop" down below

5. Confirm the things that pop up and you're good to go.  :)

Padd

Thanks for the answers ! I was asking myself the same thing a few days ago :) Trying to make a little mod too...

Perhaps this topic could be marked as sticky !

KIlonKasio

Mk see I did search this and saw the whole go to the mod,m click the button deal. Reason I ask this is because I don't have the option for some reason. Only buttons I have on my mods when I look at them is "Open Steam Workshop" "Get Mods from forum" and "Close"

You are saying go to the game and then go to mods on the main screen, find the mod, hit the upload button from there correct? There's nothing external I need to do like sign something in steam or verify anything first?

Wishmaster

Quote from: KIlonKasio on October 14, 2017, 12:37:49 AM
Mk see I did search this and saw the whole go to the mod,m click the button deal. Reason I ask this is because I don't have the option for some reason. Only buttons I have on my mods when I look at them is "Open Steam Workshop" "Get Mods from forum" and "Close"

You are saying go to the game and then go to mods on the main screen, find the mod, hit the upload button from there correct? There's nothing external I need to do like sign something in steam or verify anything first?

You need to launch rimworld with steam and have the mod in your mods folder.

EDIT : Also you need to get the developer mode on.

Nightinggale

How do you control which files it will include? I assume it will be "all of them", but that clashes quite hard with working in a git repository and having object files and other temp files for the compiler.

Do I really have to have one development version and one release version in Mods for steam to not mess up releasing?
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

kaptain_kavern

I haven't find an elegant solution to this myself as well. I just copy pasted from my working local repo to the proper steam folder and do the upload. And yes it looks like it completely overwrite changes and erase folder or files you erased too