Good Mod Loader?

Started by SurvivoroftheNoobs, August 19, 2017, 11:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SurvivoroftheNoobs

Simple question hopefully someone has an answer to. Up until now my 50+ mods have just been thrown together with no problem. However they are starting to break each other and are needing sorted. Problem is i cant find a good mod loader of any kind. Surely someone has one they use or can recommend please and thanks. 

Oblitus

Nope. Load order has little to no effect except for mods with explicit dependancy. If you have problems, your mods are most likely simply incompatible, not loaded in wrong order.

SurvivoroftheNoobs

Maybe for some but last time i checked certain mods need to be loaded in a certain order. Hence the problem im having now.

Bozobub

AFAIK no loader like you request exists yet, although I certainly could be wrong.  I doubt you'll see one too soon, simply because RimWorld is in constant flux while in Early Access, so the mods are as well; any dependency chart would constantly be going out of date, so any loader would either have to be hand-updated every Alpha for every mod (because mods change too) or use an algorithmic, more-or-less automatic method.

Asking for a loader or load-order adjuster (like "OBMM", "Wrye Bash", "BOSS" or "LOOT" for Bethesda games) that — at least to some extent — algorithmically detects conflicts and problems is an extremely tall order, especially for a complex game that hasn't hit its official release.  Additionally, RimWorld has a completely different data structure and relies far less on databases; literally ALL of the world, besides terrain, is defined via databases in Bethesda games.  Furthermore, all of those utilities came out (in some cases, several years) after their respective games' retail debut, unless (like Wrye Bash) they existed already for a previous game but were updated for later ones, as well.
Thanks, belgord!

Serenity

This lets you at least save different mod configurations:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=840043916

Pretty useful to go between different setups or a heavily modded and a more vanilla game. It also allows you to load the modlist from a save game