Changing humanoid textures

Started by Justin C, May 09, 2014, 12:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin C

Is there a simple way of adding new humanoid textures (body and head) or forcing a custom humanoid to use a specific set of textures every time? Humanoids seem to completely ignore the standardBodyGraphicPath.

Has anyone made custom humanoids so far?

Justin C

Well, I will take the lack of a response as a "no".

Ykara

Wow, I have found a topic with my problem! Although it's nearly a year old... (is it even allowed to resurrect such threads?)
But anyway, it seems like this problem is still there, so I wanted to know if there is any way to make custom humanoids, because I'd really need this. Hopefully someone replies now...

Adamiks

I only know how to create heads. Here is the folder with new heads textures. I think that body textures will be in Textures/Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Body(or bodies)/Male(and Female)/Fat(or Hulk or Female or Male)_front(or back, side).

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7770.msg78243#msg78243

[attachment deleted due to age]

soulkata

Well as far I know, the 'NakedBody' is assigned by the storyteller trait, and is a EnumType (No new types, just change existing ones)... You can workaround this, by creating a new Dll, and then manually assign 'Pawn.drawer.renderer.graphics.nakedGraphic' of the Pawn... For further information, ILSpy at 'PawnGraphicSet.ResolveGraphics()'...

Ykara

Quote from: soulkata on March 22, 2015, 05:49:56 PM
Well as far I know, the 'NakedBody' is assigned by the storyteller trait, and is a EnumType (No new types, just change existing ones)... You can workaround this, by creating a new Dll, and then manually assign 'Pawn.drawer.renderer.graphics.nakedGraphic' of the Pawn... For further information, ILSpy at 'PawnGraphicSet.ResolveGraphics()'...
Thanks, I'm gonna take a look it!

CB elite

Super useful stuff! Thanks for the reference as to where it is.

Working off of this code:

It should be easy to create a "RaceProp" that follows a custom graphic path.

The game seems to have hardcoded a lot of things to be specific to humanoid though (e.g. CanBeArrested). Would it be possible to create a .dll mod that overrides things like that to make a RaceProp that follows a custom graphic path and can be interacted with in the same way that humanoids interact with each other? Sorry if that doesn't make much sense :/ My C# knowledge pretty much ends at the if-then statements, but I'm trying to learn  ;D