[A17] An Unfortunate Misfeed v1.0.1 (11/24/2017) - Guns Now Misfire and Jam

Started by lempface, August 20, 2017, 04:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

This seems brilliant.  Some day, when I finally find time to actually *play* RimWorld instead of just working on mods, I'll definitely be adding this to my mod list.  :)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

XeoNovaDan

I know the feeling burg. Bogged down by mod authoring... and spreadsheet making.

lempface

Quote from: dburgdorf on September 06, 2017, 10:36:00 AM
This seems brilliant.  Some day, when I finally find time to actually *play* RimWorld instead of just working on mods, I'll definitely be adding this to my mod list.  :)
What a nice compliment. Thanks!

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on September 06, 2017, 10:43:15 AM
I know the feeling burg. Bogged down by mod authoring... and spreadsheet making.

Anymore good ideas? I've finished my road map.  ;D

GlitchKs

Looks cool! I just fond this and obviously haven't' played with it yet...

Does this make combat easier as raiders tend to have terrible weapons where as, I tend to have 100% Good (or better)?

lempface

Quote from: GlitchKs on September 07, 2017, 12:43:27 PM
Looks cool! I just fond this and obviously haven't' played with it yet...

Does this make combat easier as raiders tend to have terrible weapons where as, I tend to have 100% Good (or better)?
I am terrible at the game so I'm not entirely sure. The base balance is still largely not play-tested but will be tweaked as I get more play time with the mod and any community suggestions.

werty112

That moment when your newly produced legendary charge rifle explodes in first burst. (Salty intesefines)
That moment when you get oneshotted from first shot by first raider that had 0.2% acc

Spleenling

Part time XML reverse engineering officer. Can maybe fix XML some of the time...

maculator

Quote from: faltonico on September 06, 2017, 10:19:17 AM
I don't hate the mod, i simply wont use it, what i hate is the idea of Tynan using it in the base game, and knowing him, anything that adds drama is a good addition.
Drama is what defines the game! The moment your colony gets erased by a poison ship dropping right infront of your kitchen you get verry mad but after playing a new colony for a while you remember that moment and all the little stories of your past colony and you think "actually this was fun".

SpaceDorf

Hi there, I have not played the mod yet, but I like the Idea behind it.

QuoteAdded a chance for a gun to misfire and explode. Size of explosion based on ammunition.
Out of curiosity .. could you clarify this feature for me ?
Between CE and Vanilla I wonder to what you are referring with ammunition.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

geojak

was playing around a bit with your mod (i like it xD ) i got a red error poping into my console when raided by some guys with molotov cooktails.

I must notify you, your mod breaks frag grneades, molotov cooktails and emp grenades both on enemy raiders and on colonist.

if anyone tries to throw then, then instead it will pop the red error. error wont stop until you drop the grenades on the ground.

ah and by the way. bows and pilas being jammes makes not much sense to me. is it possible to exclude these weapons from jamming? maybe the same way of excluding stuff could be used to fix the grenades bug.

anyway. i hope you see this

edit: i added a little bit of dirty code into your source to exclude grenades and bows from jamming. the way i coded it it doesnt support non vanilla weapons and is quite cpu unoptimised.

this code comes after your turret fix

var X = __instance.verbProps.projectileDef.defName.ToString();

if (X == "Proj_GrenadeFrag" || X == "Proj_GrenadeMolotov" || X == "Proj_GrenadeEMP" || X == "Arrow_Short" || X == "Pilum_Thrown" || X == "Arrow_Great")
                {
//Weapon is not a suppost to be jammable.;
                    return true;
                }

if anyone can do it better, please contact me :D

r4ncr4ft

Sylph

Quote from: geojak on October 02, 2017, 04:49:55 PM
was playing around a bit with your mod (i like it xD ) i got a red error poping into my console when raided by some guys with molotov cooktails.

I must notify you, your mod breaks frag grneades, molotov cooktails and emp grenades both on enemy raiders and on colonist.

if anyone tries to throw then, then instead it will pop the red error. error wont stop until you drop the grenades on the ground.

ah and by the way. bows and pilas being jammes makes not much sense to me. is it possible to exclude these weapons from jamming? maybe the same way of excluding stuff could be used to fix the grenades bug.

edit: i added a little bit of dirty code into your source to exclude grenades and bows from jamming. the way i coded it it doesnt support non vanilla weapons and is quite cpu unoptimised.

if (X == "Proj_GrenadeFrag" || X == "Proj_GrenadeMolotov" || X == "Proj_GrenadeEMP" || X == "Arrow_Short" || X == "Pilum_Thrown" || X == "Arrow_Great")
                {
                    return true;
                }

I suggest checking the projectile speed and if it is below e.g. 55 (the speed of a crossbow bolt in Combat Realism), never jam. This encompasses most (all?) weapons that shouldn't jam (manual bows, thrown spears). It probably also includes grenades but to be safe I recommend a check on whether the projectile causes an explosion.

Speaking of Combat Realism, supporting it is easy, one just needs to allow for the fact that Verb_LaunchProjectile has been replaced by Verb_LaunchProjectileCE.

Spleenling

Has anyone tested this with Rimsenal? I have been watching this Mod with interest but do not wish to install this if it is likely to break existing mods. If not how much XML work would be needed to adapt it?
Part time XML reverse engineering officer. Can maybe fix XML some of the time...

lempface

Quote from: geojak on October 02, 2017, 04:49:55 PM

{
                    return true;
                }

Not surprised I missed this :). I also broke turrets in the initial go round. I'll see about officially fixing it this weekend and looking into CE compatibility. My colonies never last long enough for me to get advanced gear.

lempface

Quote from: Spleenling on October 08, 2017, 01:31:28 AM
Has anyone tested this with Rimsenal? I have been watching this Mod with interest but do not wish to install this if it is likely to break existing mods. If not how much XML work would be needed to adapt it?
I plan to fix some bugs this weekend and will try and review Rimsenal.