How to Edit Submitted Character Name

Started by ruddthree, August 20, 2017, 09:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruddthree

I submitted my name a while back, and I noticed that the last name defaulted as the nickname instead of the first name (which bugs me to no end), and I was wondering if there was a way to fix that.

Calahan

Tbh I'm not sure if you are going to be able to get this changed or not. I know you can make changes after submission, and up until the point the character appears in-game. But I assume that if Tynan allowed / starting allowing changes after a character had "gone live", then he might be inviting a significant extra workload from users who suddenly decided they've come up with a better name for their character (and judging by how frequently some users change their Steam name, some might be asking to change their character name every alpha). I think I recall a post by Tynan about this, but my search foo is failing me this morning (plus it might have been on reddit where I seen him mention it).

But then this is just my assumption, and possibly based on my own faulty recollection of an old Tynan post. Plus the moderators here have no connection to the Creative Rewards (as it's a totally separate system to the forums), so we don't have access to the details regarding things like this to be able to check for a more precise answer.

So my recommendation would be for you to email ItchyFlea via Ludeon support [email protected] , with details about your purchase and your account on Creative Rewards. He should be able to give you a yes  :) or a no  :( on being able to get your character name changed, and how to go about it if you can. Good luck! (as I know something like this would bug the hell out of me as well, so hope you can get it changed).

JavierCoats

Thanks for the recommendations on how to edit submitted character name, they seem to be very useful! I'll try to make amendments with my name!

ruddthree

I spoke with the devs and my submission should be rejected for me to edit sometime soon. I'm not sure if the impending release of A18 will change anything, but I'll just have to wait and see.