Putting drugs on equipment racks prevent animals from eating them

Started by A Friend, August 21, 2017, 04:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Friend

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Call me Arty

Step one: In the "Zone/Area" tab over the Architecture menu, select "expand allowed area" then select "manage areas."
Step two: Once in this menu, select "New animal area"
Step three: Highlight the drugs/general storage area of the drugs you would prefer your animals did not consume in this new animal area.
Step four: Return to the area managing menu (see step one) and select the "invert" option for your new animal area.
Congradulations!: You have now made a zone your animals cannot enter to consume your narcotics, psychedelics, or otherwise!
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Oblitus

Quote from: Call me Arty on August 23, 2017, 05:30:16 AM
Step one: In the "Zone/Area" tab over the Architecture menu, select "expand allowed area" then select "manage areas."
Step two: Once in this menu, select "New animal area"
Step three: Highlight the drugs/general storage area of the drugs you would prefer your animals did not consume in this new animal area.
Step four: Return to the area managing menu (see step one) and select the "invert" option for your new animal area.
Congradulations!: You have now made a zone your animals cannot enter to consume your narcotics, psychedelics, or otherwise!
It doesn't work. Animals do not respect zones when searching for drugs.

Lowkey1987

I like th idear and like Oblitus said, zoning doesnt work well.

But perhaps we need a new item for this, because intuitiv that this will have a effect on animals. A new player, or even an old player who not reads the changenotes wouldnt think of this. Like a medic locker, which can only be opend and used by pawns which are doctors (because only them have the key in my example).

cultist

Thanks so much for this. It's been driving me nuts ever since beer was first introduced...

Ruptga

Bump.  Just had a dromedary leave its allowed zone to eat luci.  If we're going to be stuck with that stupid feature we should at least be able to mitigate it.

Sheepdawgbro

I like it. To prevent my dog from getting to my chocolate IRL, I put it on a shelf, out of his reach. Or in a cabinet, or lockbox.

lancar

In my experience you need to block the whole drug storage room AND its walls to block animals from eating inside. If you leave the animals access to the walls, the wander around next to them and eat any drugs they get adjacent to.

carewolf

Just make sure drugs are always further away than food. If you have a freezer, put the drugs behind the freezer, so you have to walk past food to get to it. Animals eats the food that is nearest (unless already addicted)

Kirby23590

It may be simple but i always build a small room or closet with some drugs in it and prevent the animals in the zone entering it.

Sometimes i also built a cheap wall blocking the door to prevent people going in drug binges to prevent them going wasted or getting addicted from them. Especially if it was luciferium that i was trying to sell or smokeleaf.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

vzoxz0

QuoteIt doesn't work. Animals do not respect zones when searching for drugs.

Yet another episode of Kirby-does-not-read-other-people's-posts.

I have bizarrely had even colonists randomly take luciferium without being on a mental break or anything random like that. It would be nice to have some kind of "storage-safe" item, regardless, so you can invest resources to manage your druggies better, but I guess that might be more of a moddable thing than a game thing regardless.