Skill MAX and decay bug (incl. repeated switching between 19 and MAX)

Started by UrbanBourbon, May 09, 2014, 09:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UrbanBourbon

I noticed quite some time ago, possibly when skill decay was introduced, that if a colonist hits the skill level 20, it'll stick there, instead of decaying, and on the character sheet the said skill level will flicker between 19 and MAX. Just moments ago I noticed another symptom that I suspect is likely connected to that. See the screenshot. If you look at the skill counter on the tooltip, it reads 'Progress to next level: 11000/10000'. What happened there was that Doug's melee skill decayed from 10 to 9, and stopped right "below" 9, as it should, since skill decay starts ticking at 10+. However, it seems the progress counter has a bit skewed idea where the limit goes. When I had Doug perform a single melee attack after that, the skill level rose to 10 and the counter read 1100/11000. Normally when Doug attacks, he gains 100xp per attack. So, for some reason the extra 1000xp sticks there after skill decay drops the skill level.

Can anyone confirm this?

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

UrbanBourbon

Oh. Wow. Ok. Cool... I guess. I mean, I kinda liked that it stuck there at 20... It's an immunity from the skill decay. Not sure I want to update the game. Like, ever.

Neone

Hm... maybe it should by default stick with current level? If you gain i.e. level 17, you should for ever stay with lvl 17 (unless you gain level 18)?

Decay drops to 0 with current level and stays there.