[Mod Request] More colonist bar icons

Started by ThePsionic, August 24, 2017, 02:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePsionic

I'd love to see what my colonists are currently doing using the colonist bar - a pickaxe while mining, a gun while hunting, a cooking pot or something like that while cooking/butchering. Just to have an easier way to track what everyone's up to.

ThePsionic

Both are close, but not quite it - ideally it'd be Moody's icons on the bottom left/right of the colonist's icon in the bar. ColonistBar KF doesn't seem to actually show the current action of the colonist, unless I've missed something in the mod's settings.

Jibbles

The colonist bar shows their current actions and state through icons. So if a pawn is sick and hasn't received treatment, an icon will show up. if they're drafted, then an icon will pop up. If that's not happening then something must be up with the settings.

I could be wrong, but I want to say that it does display icons like hauling  and mining. On my phone right now so can't see.

ThePsionic

Quote from: Jibbles on August 24, 2017, 05:32:37 PM
The colonist bar shows their current actions and state through icons. So if a pawn is sick and hasn't received treatment, an icon will show up. if they're drafted, then an icon will pop up. If that's not happening then something must be up with the settings.

I could be wrong, but I want to say that it does display icons like hauling  and mining. On my phone right now so can't see.
I installed it again to double check just now, and it doesn't. Plus, if it did, CB KF would still be a bit too bloated for me - it increases the size of the colonist bar quite a bit, whereas I would like an icon inlaid into the square of the colonist that displays what they are currently doing.

kaptain_kavern

It has a bunch of options to tweak colonists bar appearance

ThePsionic

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 25, 2017, 09:03:05 AM
It has a bunch of options to tweak colonists bar appearance
I mean, sure, but it doesn't have the thing that I'm looking for, being icons showing current activity.

Jibbles

I think he mentioned that since you said it was bloated.  This is just spawning in a bunch of colonists so much of those icons will disappear once you've take care of them, plus theres the option to disable. But this is my preference for the bar.

You're right, it doesn't display actions. Sorry about that. There's not a mod that I know of that does exactly what you want. I encourage you to give it a chance as seeing a pawn's state is super useful when you have several pawns.  There's some extra features in there as well such sorting and follow a certain colonist. 

Hope you get what you want someday. Maybe you could suggest adding actions to the modder if you end up using his colonist bar.

ThePsionic