mod tweak, Choosing the statue's sprite based on skill level

Started by faltonico, August 24, 2017, 02:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltonico

I recently found a mod on steam (More sculptures) that adds several types of sculptures to the game.
But the author kept adding sprites to the mod, and now some of those are very elaborate, and i thought that it would be very cool if only those with a high level skill should be able to produce those elaborate statues.

So, how about if the result of a single recipe depends on the skill of the pawn doing it? without the need of doing several different recipes and restricting it by the skill level.

In this example, the statues would be divided into "tiers" depending of their complexity, the more complex the more skill needed. Right now, only the output quality depends on skill level, but not the sprite, that is chosen randomly from a pool of sprites.

It would serve as an additional incentive to have higher level craftspawns.

The-Eroks

This could be easily achieved in a not-user friendly way by simply creating 20 (or whatever delineation one chose) different versions of each sculpture size, the minimum skill requirement being different for each statute (1 through 20) and the graphic data pulling from a unique folder.

I think the ideal/better solution would be an "art bill" tab which let one decide which style was used when it was being sculptured; but that would require some coding.

edit: grammers

faltonico

Quote from: The-Eroks on August 26, 2017, 02:35:45 PM
This could be easily achieved in a not-user friendly way by simply creating 20 (or whatever delineation one chose) different versions of each sculpture size, the minimum skill requirement being different for each statute (1 through 20) and the graphic data pulling from a unique folder.
Yes indeed, there would be 20 (or the designation chosen) different recipes in the table =S

I guessed it would need some coding, but so far i have not seen any mod that does that.

The-Eroks

You should perhaps lessen the burden by making different "sized" sculpting tables. Each size correlating to the base-size of the sculpture list. You could also compromise and make fewer levels (1, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 has many steps, but isn't overwhelming).

Additionally, you could also combine both approaches