Recruit everybody challenge

Started by Shurp, August 25, 2017, 11:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

Oh my, I think I'm going to seriously regret deciding to recruit everyone that comes along.  See attached; she's also a psychite addict.  So she'll be locked in a room for about a season...

Has anyone else tried to keep a colony alive recruiting *everyone* who comes along, no matter how defective?

I figure I'm going to need lots of turrets and mortars...

Oh, wait a second.  If I lock her in a room she's going to set herself on fire, isn't she?  I guess that's all the excuse I need to let her bleed out.  Better luck next time!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Canute

If you lock her into a room, why you don't use her as sacrifice for a cuthulu cult ?
If you want this as challenge, you should let all pawn be unrestricted and try to keep them healthy.
And don't put them at the 1.line as bullet catcher.

b0rsuk

a.k.a. The Normal Way To Play For Most People Challenge

SurvivoroftheNoobs

I usually recruit everyone anyways. Those who can't be useful doing work make great cannon fodder. If they somehow fail at that then well....there's always cannibalism. Pigs need to eat to I suppose.

Yoshida Keiji

The only ones I don't rescue/capture are those downed after a spinal injury, as they won't be able to move at all. Wheelchairs please Tynan!

You are in Crashlanded difficulty unknown. I already had games where the entire roster was composed by melees and some unable for violence, so any shooter is totally welcomed to my crews.

Build an exclusive stone room for pyromaniacs. I even administer Penoxycyline to prisoners, those I want to recruit that is, but not the hopeless ones, and if they get a disease my hospital and stock cannot save, just release for Goodwill, or harvest if everybody mood is good enough to eat some debuff.

In my current game, I only play Lost Tribe, I had someone in drug withdrawal and there was a wedding and a party. This pawn only went mental once and at 99%. If their moods are high, they won't be a problem.

Shurp

Can't the pyromaniac set the food on fire that I leave in her barricaded closet?

Oh, wait, I just realized I'm doing this backwards.  I don't have to recruit her right away.  I can keep her as a prisoner until the addiction wears off!  Then I don't have to barricade the door; she can't get out, and colonists can bring her food as needed.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Canute

pyromaniac isn't a addiction, it is a mental break.
Sure you can try to arrest it, but i just suggest to draft an caretaker to follow him and extinguish the fire.
But the arrest allready would break the mental break and you can release him.

Bakar

Recruiting pyromanics is the best way to destroy your colony in early game
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Shurp

Fio is a pyromaniac *and* a psychite addict.

Either by itself would be relatively manageable... just keep someone nearby her to put out the fires she starts for the pyro, and lock her up for a month for the psychite addiction.

But managing both at once... that's a tricky proposition.  Solution: don't recruit her until *after* she goes through withdrawal.  So she spends a month sleeping on the floor of a stone prison... god, she's really going to love the colonists when she gets out :)

Shinzy

This is the only way I play :p

Last two/three games Ive been mostly blessed with ungodly amounts of brawlers and pacifists

I dont usually mind these but right now only 3 out of my 11 colonists even wants to hold a gun

Shurp

What would make this more fair is if there were an equal number of pacifists amongst the pirate raiders :)

Canute

We are the pacifista raider, we cuddle you to dead, Resistance is futile. :-)

Bakar

The prisons would be massive after a while
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Hans Lemurson

Quote from: Shurp on August 26, 2017, 09:48:23 PM
Fio is a pyromaniac *and* a psychite addict.

Either by itself would be relatively manageable... just keep someone nearby her to put out the fires she starts for the pyro, and lock her up for a month for the psychite addiction.

But managing both at once... that's a tricky proposition.  Solution: don't recruit her until *after* she goes through withdrawal.  So she spends a month sleeping on the floor of a stone prison... god, she's really going to love the colonists when she gets out :)
It's a good thing that "resentment" isn't modeled in the game.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

BoogieMan

I used to play like that for the longest time.

However I got tired of providing for terrible colonists who didn't contribute much at all. Some are so bad that they actually reduce the overall colony efficiency. Now I'm still fairly lax, but I'll no longer take anyone unless I'm really hurting for manpower.