[B19] Reclaim Reuse Recycle - Harvest & reuse Corpse parts

Started by DoctorVanGogh, August 26, 2017, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicManiac

Hi. I've been having some problems with this mod. My pawns wont stock up clothes into a stockpile unless stockpile has *Harvested enabled, screenshot down there. If i remove this mod and re-build stockpile, it's working again. Only mods that change anything clothes-related are Infused, WM Too many leathers and DeadMansClothing. Changing load order doesn't help either

DoctorVanGogh

B18 is out:
https://github.com/DoctorVanGogh/ReclaimReuseRecycle/releases

New features:
- Harvesting & Refurbishment are now done at dedicated workbenches.
Those benches have a massive bonus to workspeed & harvesting success chance if installed adjacent to each other.
(Textures not 100% final)
- Harvesting & Refurbishment are their own dedicated work types (located under Crafting).
Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

Poczat

I have a problem with mod. I build harvest table, and i have dead corpse but my table show required materials.

Please help :)

Canute

I don't used the B18 version yet.
But the mod add new filter options, check if you activate the right filters at the bills.
Maybe just for testing allow all, and check if it works.

rbneville

B18 version appears bugged. Pawns are marked as harvested as soon as the die, thus causing the harvest table to say required materials.

Poczat

DoctorVanGogh

Corpse either contains parts more advanced than recipe (check corpse's 'I' window for difficulty) or part is damaged/destroyed enough to fall outside recoverable range (check mod options).

rbneville

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on November 26, 2017, 12:36:40 PM
Corpse either contains parts more advanced than recipe (check corpse's 'I' window for difficulty) or part is damaged/destroyed enough to fall outside recoverable range (check mod options).

Just checked using the latest release, used debug tools to spawn a raid then killed them. None of the corpses show anything relating to difficulty under their 'I' window. https://i.imgur.com/gfsCDNC.jpg

DoctorVanGogh

The only way with the latest version for there not to be a 'Reclaimed item' stat... is a corpse with no implants or added parts... which has nothing to harvest... so everything working as intended.

rbneville

shadowstitch

QuoteI've decided against simply 'vomiting' out the final usable bionics directly in the harvesting job

Yes, but COULD we please have a plain bionics butchering job that simply vomits out usable bionics?

To date, no one has made a simple "remove bionics from corpses" mod for B18, they're all excessively, sometimes needlessly complicated in their own unique ways (and in some cases, ridiculously bugged to boot.) R^3 is about the closest option right now, but it still requires more workbenches and 5500 points of gated research on top of the time/materials for refurbishment.

It has been argued that just removing a bionic part from a dead pawn and slapping it on another one is overpowered, but the vanilla game allows you to remove undamaged hearts and lungs and scyther blades and stick em in another person as easy as changing pants, so I don't see the problem.

DoctorVanGogh

Here's the "vomiting patch":

Go to options, enable development mode, exit options, click "debug actions" on top, pick "Tool: Try place direct thing", click "[Bionic part of your choice]" (textbox filters), click spawn location.

*BAM* new bionic.

Burn corpse as desired.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on January 23, 2018, 02:32:56 PM

Go to options, enable development mode, exit options, click "debug actions" on top, pick "Tool: Try place direct thing", click "[Bionic part of your choice]" (textbox filters), click spawn location.

*BAM* new bionic.

Burn corpse as desired.

Beautiful!  ;D

shadowstitch

Cute.
Far be it for me to compromise your artistic vision. I'll just go make it for myself.
(Like pretty much every other thing I've politely suggested on these forums.)

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: shadowstitch on January 23, 2018, 02:42:46 PM

Cute.
Far be it for me to compromise your artistic vision. I'll just go make it for myself.
(Like pretty much every other thing I've politely suggested on these forums.)

Awww I'm sure that was just a bit of friendly snark. I've found it to be a hit or miss though with a lot of suggestions. But when you directly suggest something that a mod author purposefully said they are against, I don't think you should sound unamused when they hit you back with a little bit of sass.